Celebrity Story Site

Author Topic: 2023 college football news and notes  (Read 3326 times)

InThe313

Re: 2023 college football news and notes
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2023, 04:06:55 PM »
How could somebody do something so cruel?  A dead longhorn was found at an Oklahoma State frat house one day before the Cowboys face Texas in the Big 12 title game on Saturday in Arlington, Texas.
Boy, when you’re with me, I’ll give you a taste (Oh, baby)
I’ll make it feel like your birthday every day
I know you like it sweet, so you can have your cake
Give you something good to celebrate (Celebrate now)
Boy, when you’re with me, I’ll give you a taste (Celebrate now)
I’ll make it feel like your birthday every day (Woo)
Give you something good to celebrate

InThe313

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2023, 11:04:10 PM »
Buckle up, everybody!  The Pac-12 title game is tight as No. 3 Washington has the ball trailing No. 5 Oregon, 24-20, entering the fourth quarter.  Updates to come.

UPDATE:  That game was worth the hype and then some!  Washington outlasted Oregon in a 34-31 victory to improve to 3-0 in Pac-12 title games.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 11:52:14 PM by InThe313 »

InThe313

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2023, 07:29:04 PM »
This changes everything!  No. 8 Alabama upset No. 1 Georgia, 27-24, in the SEC title game.  Only three teams have made the College Football Playoff after a conference championship loss.

InThe313

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2023, 09:24:16 AM »
This is the big day.  The College Football Playoff, the New Year’s 6 and every other bowl game will be filled out today.  After a chaotic Saturday, it’s anybody’s guess where their favorite team will end up.  Updates to come.

UPDATE:  Time to see who is and who will be out.  The College Football Playoff committee is unveiling their Top 4 teams and the final rankings.

UPDATE 2:  And here we are.  No. 1 Michigan, No. 2 Washington, No. 3 Texas and No. 4 Alabama topped the final College Football Playoff rankings.  Florida State is fifth.  The Crimson Tide will play the Wolverines in the Rose Bowl on Jan. 1, 2024, in Pasadena, Calif.  The Longhorns will play the Huskies in the Sugar Bowl on Jan. 1, 2024, in New Orleans.  The Seminoles will play Georgia in the Orange Bowl on Dec. 30 in Miami Gardens, Fla.

UPDATE 3:  Great ready for a fun holiday season.  The bowl schedule is set.  Here all the remaining matchups.  Georgia Southern will play Ohio in the Myrtle Beach Bowl on Dec. 16 in Conway, S.C.  Jacksonville State will play Louisiana in the New Orleans Bowl on Dec. 16 in New Orleans.  Miami (Ohio) will play Appalachian State in the Cure Bowl on Dec. 16 in Orlando, Fla.  New Mexico State will play Fresno State in the New Mexico Bowl on Dec. 16 in Albuquerque, N.M.  UCLA will play Boise State in the LA Bowl on Dec. 16 in Inglewood, Calif.  California will play Texas Tech in the Independence Bowl on Dec. 16 in Shreveport, La.  Western Kentucky will play Old Dominion in the Famous Toastery Bowl on Dec. 18 in Charlotte, N.C.  UTSA will play Marshall in the Frisco Bowl on Dec. 19 in Frisco, Texas.  South Florida will play Syracuse in the Boca Raton Bowl on Dec. 21 in Boca Raton, Fla.  Georgia Tech will play UCF in the Gasparilla Bowl on Dec. 22 in Tampa, Fla.  Troy will play Duke in the Birmingham Bowl on Dec. 23 in Birmingham, Ala.  Arkansas State will play Northern Illinois in Camellia Bowl on Dec. 23 in Montgomery, Ala.  James Madison will play Air Force in the Armed Forces Bowl on Dec. 23 in Fort Worth, Texas.  Georgia State will play Utah State in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl on Dec. 23 in Boise, Idaho.  South Alabama will play Eastern Michigan in the 68 Ventures Bowl on Dec. 23 in Mobile, Ala.  Utah will play Northwestern in the Las Vegas Bowl on Dec. 23 in Las Vegas.  Coastal Carolina will play San Jose State in the Hawaii Bowl on Dec. 23 in Honolulu.  Bowling Green will play Minnesota in the Quick Lane Bowl on Dec. 26 in Detroit.  Texas State will play Rice in the First Responder Bowl on Dec. 26 in Dallas.  Kansas will play UNLV in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl on Dec. 26 in Phoenix.  Virginia Tech will play Tulane in the Military Bowl on Dec. 27 in Annapolis, Md.  North Carolina will play West Virginia in the Duke’s Mayo Bowl on Dec. 27 in Charlotte, N.C.  Louisville will play USC in the Holiday Bowl on Dec. 27 in San Diego.  Texas A&M will play Oklahoma State in the Texas Bowl on Dec. 27 in Houston.  SMU will play Boston College in the Fenway Bowl on Dec. 28 in Boston.  Rutgers will play Miami (Fla.) in the Pinstripe Bowl on Dec. 28 in New York.  NC State will play Kansas State in the Pop-Tarts Bowl on Dec. 28 in Orlando, Fla.  Arizona will play Oklahoma in the Alamo Bowl on Dec. 28 in San Antonio.  Clemson will play Kentucky in the Gator Bowl on Dec. 29 in Jacksonville, Fla.  Oregon State will play Notre Dame in the Sun Bowl on Dec. 29 in El Paso, Texas.  Memphis will play Iowa State in the Liberty Bowl on Dec. 29 in Memphis, Tenn.  Missouri will play Ohio State in the Cotton Bowl Classic on Dec. 29 in Arlington, Texas.  Ole Miss will play Penn State in the Peach Bowl on Dec. 30 in Atlanta.  Auburn will play Maryland in the Music City Bowl on Dec. 30 in Nashville, Tenn.  Toledo will play Wyoming in the Arizona Bowl on Dec. 30 in Tucson, Ariz.  Wisconsin will play LSU in the ReliaQuest Bowl on Jan. 1, 2024, in Tampa, Fla.  Liberty will play Oregon in the Fiesta Bowl on Jan. 1, 2024, in Glendale, Ariz.  Iowa will play Tennessee in the Citrus Bowl on Jan. 1, 2024, in Orlando, Fla.  The Alabama vs. Michigan winner will play the Texas vs. Washington winner in the College Football Playoff National Championship on Jan. 8,  2024, in Houston.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 08:35:24 PM by InThe313 »

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2023, 10:57:36 AM »
Well, I called it. I'm not surprised Bama won.  :))

Nick Saban truly is a mad scientist this year with coaching up big games against teams with much better rosters. Yesterday was a tale of coaching, as he made Kirby Smart look like Kirby Dumbass. That game shouldn't have been close either. They had 4 dropped INTs and 2 other big drops that were almost TDs. It could've easily been a 40-17 type beatdown. Even when Georgia cut it to 3, it never felt like they really had a chance. If that was a Bama team from just a few years ago, it would've been a bloodbath.

Can I take a moment to mention how much I dislike Georgia? They are 1-5 vs Alabama under Kirby Smart, whom people have hyped up as being some great coach. Their "dominance" is solely because Bama has not had stacked rosters in the past few years to compete with theirs. That one win is debatable too since they still lost to them in the SEC title game that same year.

FSU looked awful without their QB to just barely squeak by an equally bad Louisville team. How Louisville won 10 games, I'll never know. They looked terrible last night.

If it was up to me, the final four would be Michigan, Washington, Alabama and Georgia.

If Bama don't get in, but FSU does, then it's going to look awful and people will have a reason to complain over bias from the committee. That's saying a lot enough with how Michigan has went with a slap on the wrist for their cheating scandal, yet are going to be ranked #1. An SEC team is winning the Natty this year if they get in. There is not a team left that really matches up well with Bama or Georgia. It really should be them in a rematch for the title. I really hope Bama gets in, cause I can see them embarrassing whoever they get in both games. They're easily the most battle hardened team that has went through a gauntlet while the other conference winners got to play cupcakes in their championship games.

This year has proved to me beyond any reasonable doubt, Saban truly is the best coach in CFB since Bear Bryant. When he's gone, the argument is going to between him and Bryant for GOAT.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 10:59:28 AM by Cadeauxxx »
Check me out on Patreon if you like my work!

The following users thanked this post: InThe313

InThe313

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2023, 07:44:25 PM »
This is phenomenal group of finalists!  LSU quarterback Jayden Daniels, Washington quarterback Michael Penix Jr., Oregon quarterback Bo Nix and Ohio State wide receiver Marvin Harrison Jr. were named finalists for the 2023 Heisman Trophy.

InThe313

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2023, 04:30:37 PM »
The man is human after all.  Patriots head coach and de facto general manager Bill Belichick pulled a page out of Lee Corso’s playbook and donned some headgear to pick Navy to beat Army.  Updates to come.

Army beat Navy, 17-11.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 07:32:06 AM by InThe313 »

InThe313

« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2023, 08:52:02 PM »
Somebody will have their name join the immortals tonight.  The Heisman Trophy presentation is on now.  Who will take home college football’s most prestigious individual honor?  Updates to come.

UPDATE:  Not what I expected to see, but congratulations nonetheless.  LSU quarterback Jayden Daniels won the 2023 Heisman Trophy.  He is the third Tiger to win the award.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 09:08:26 PM by InThe313 »

InThe313

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2023, 02:28:17 PM »
Being denied a playoff spot can make people salty.  Florida State is going to sue the ACC over the grant of rights and $130 million withdrawal fee.

InThe313

« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2023, 03:59:50 PM »
Even I think this was unwarranted.  A fight broke out after Eastern Michigan defensive back Korey Hernandez sucker punched a South Alabama player following Saturday’s bowl game.

InThe313

« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2024, 05:11:22 PM »
I was born ready for this game!  No. 4 Alabama is playing No. 1 Michigan in the College Football Playoff Semifinals at the Rose Bowl.  Updates to come.

UPDATE:  This has been a fun game so far.  Sparked by five sacks, Michigan holds a 13-10 lead over Alabama in the College Football Playoff semis.

UPDATE 2:  I am holding my breath.  Michigan has the ball trailing Alabama, 20-13, with 4:41 remaining in the College Football Playoff semifinal.

UPDATE 3:  This is so exciting!  Michigan and Alabama are tied, 20-20, going to overtime in the College Football Playoff semi after the Wolverines’ J. J. McCarthy engineered a late drive.

UPDATE 4:  Michigan won a classic and beat Alabama, 27-20, in overtime of the Rose Bowl on Blake Corum’s touchdown run.  The Wolverines stuffed the Crimson Tide’s Jalen Milroe on the final play inside the four-yard line to book a spot in the College Football Playoff National Championship on Jan. 8 in Houston.

UPDATE 5:  I want to know who is next.  No. 3 Texas is playing No. 2 Washington in the College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Sugar Bowl.

UPDATE 6:  This is anybody’s game.  Washington will start the second half of the College Football Playoff semi with the ball tied at 21 with Texas in the Sugar Bowl.

UPDATE 7:  Big Ten present, meet Big Ten future.  Washington withstood a late Texas rally to win the Sugar Bowl, 37-31, and will meet Michigan in the College Football Playoff National Championship on Jan. 8 in Houston.  The Longhorns nearly pulled off one of the most improbable comebacks in College Football Playoff history, but the Huskies’ defense made one last stand in a stunning Sugar Bowl finish.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 01:01:45 AM by InThe313 »

InThe313

« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2024, 07:48:14 PM »
I have waited 26 years for tonight.  No. 2 Washington is playing No. 1 Michigan in the College Football Playoff National Championship.  Who will finish with a perfect season?  Updates to come.

UPDATE:  I feel good about this.  Michigan ran for 209 yards in the first half to take a 17-10 lead over Washington in the College Football Playoff National Championship.

UPDATE 2:  Only 15 minutes remain before a glorious celebration.  Michigan leads Washington, 20-13, entering the fourth quarter of the College Football Playoff National Championship.

UPDATE 3:  I’m going to play “Hail to the Victors”, “Varsity” and (as a thank you to haters who vilified and fueled this team) “We Don’t Give a Damn”!  Michigan won its first college football national championship since 1997 with a 34-13 victory over Washington.

UPDATE 4:  It’s never too early to look forward to 2024.  We will see where Michigan, Washington and other top programs rank in ESPN’s Way-Too-Early Top 25.

1.  Georgia
2.  Texas
3.  Oregon
4.  Alabama
5.  Ohio State
6.  Michigan
7.  Ole Miss
8.  Missouri
9.  Arizona
10.  Notre Dame
11.  Washington
12.  Penn State
13.  Utah
14.  LSU
15.  Oklahoma
16.  Florida State
17.  Tennessee
18.  Oklahoma State
19.  Clemson
20.  NC State
21.  Kansas State
22.  Louisville
23.  Kansas
24.  SMU
25.  Iowa
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 11:56:03 PM by InThe313 »

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2024, 12:40:30 AM »
Congrats to Tom. As the biggest Harbaugh hater on this forum, I will give credit where credit is due!
Check me out on Patreon if you like my work!

InThe313

« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2024, 12:48:28 PM »
Congrats to Tom. As the biggest Harbaugh hater on this forum, I will give credit where credit is due!
Thank you, Cade!  I will drink (a nonalcoholic beverage) to an amazing season.

John Connors

• Wayward Son
  • Administrator
  • Well, I got a bad liver and a broken heart...
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2024, 05:00:22 PM »
Congrats Tom! Great win, and great defense to effectively shut out Michael Penix Jr.

'What would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark? It would be like sleep without dreams.' - Werner Herzog

'Gotta head full of ideas that are driving me insane...' - Bob Dylan

'I sold a quart of blood, bought a half a pint of scotch' - Tom Waits

Tags:

Social Media Links

Reddit Tumblr NewTumblr bdsmlr Twitter ImageFap

Partner Sites

Planet Suzy HotCelebForum Pride Girlz Hyper Dreams Interactive Sex Stories TG-Party BIG BOOBED MODELS CHYOA - Interactive Sex Stories

DMCA

DMCA