Celebrity Story Site

Author Topic: Movies Talk! What have you watched lately?  (Read 46952 times)

Cadeauxxx

Re: Movies Talk! What have you watched lately?
« Reply #150 on: April 12, 2020, 11:04:18 AM »
Watched Cop Land recently. Can't believe I never seen this movie as it had an all star cast for 1998. Featuring Stallone, DeNiro, Harvey Kietel, Robert Patrick and even some other lesser famous actors like Frank Vincent having a part in it.

Great underrated movie. Pretty accurate depiction of small town police corruption and how they take over towns. Stallone can act, pretty surprised this movie was met with negative reception when it first came out.
Check me out on Patreon if you like my work!

TLMorgan

« Reply #151 on: April 13, 2020, 01:34:19 PM »
A few movies I've been watching doing our quarantine time;

Bloodshot: Wasn't too bad. Not as much action as I thought would be in it.

Invisible Man: Saw it in theaters, but rented it again. A great movie  :Y:

Just Mercy: A great true story movie and I prefer Brie Larson was a blonde.

Been watching a lot of 80's and 90's action movies as well.

TLMorgan

« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2020, 03:30:22 PM »
I watched Chris Hemsworth's new movie Extraction on Netflix and it was great in terms of action, but the story was a bit weak.

Nidhogg

« Reply #153 on: April 01, 2022, 05:29:48 PM »
Sorry for necroing, but I reasoned it was best to use the existing movie-thread instead of creating another one.

Watched Ti West's X last week. I really liked that someone found back to making gritty and sleazy 70/80's horror movies again. It's nicely shot, it's got a great cast and has lots of gore (although I don't think it went nearly as far as it should). Since it's produced by A24 people will no doubt be expecting something "deeper", but it's a pretty straightforward slasher.

It stars Mia Goth, Jenna Ortega and Brittany Snow, and in style of the eighties "sexploitation" flicks X pays homeage to, they aren't afraid to show off their bodies.

NBK_Throw

« Reply #154 on: April 02, 2022, 04:30:10 PM »
Watched "Sorry to bother you"
Such a crazy random film lol idk what the hell was happening but it was brilliant.
:)

Nidhogg

« Reply #155 on: June 10, 2022, 11:06:59 AM »
Nightmare Beach

I'll never stop loving cheesy eighties slasher movies. So much fun and creativity, not to mention shameless fanservice. You can always bet on the killer having the weirdest motivations and murder weapons (an electric-chair motorcycle!).

The following users thanked this post: Viri

Viri

« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2022, 12:07:13 PM »
Top Gun Maverick is good

Go see it

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #157 on: July 07, 2022, 05:26:21 PM »
With the news on James Caan's passing, I wanted to make a quick post about the movie 'Thief'.

Thief is a forgotten 1981 crime movie directed by Michael Mann (his first movie). It's probably more notable to synth nerds for the score by Tangerine Dream.

Caan plays a thief, as the title suggests. True to Michael Mann's style of film making, there's an incredible attention to detail with lighting and specific details that wouldn't catch your eye at first. Caan underwent firearms training to do this movie (before Mann produced Miami Vice and put his actors through that). The highlight of the film is the heist sequence which I won't spoil. The attention of detail comes up multiple times in this scene especially.

Willie Nelson and James Belushi are also in this movie. It's pretty funny to think that this movie came out 41 years ago and even back then Willie Nelson was being called an old man.

RIP James Caan, you will be missed.
Check me out on Patreon if you like my work!

The following users thanked this post: Shaggy21x

Nidhogg

« Reply #158 on: September 20, 2022, 01:55:27 PM »

This was fucking hardcore! If you're familiar with movies like Funny Games, Killing Ground and Eden Lake you should know what you're in for. It's the epitome of "feelbad" filmmaking that will destroy your soul and ruin your day.

It's very satirical though, and I suspect some of the aspects will fly over the heads of non-Scandinavian viewers, especially when it comes to character motivations and reactions of which I've already seen some criticism.

The following users thanked this post: Cadeauxxx

Nidhogg

« Reply #159 on: June 27, 2023, 11:20:17 AM »

Everything I wanted from an Evil Dead movie. It's my favorite movie franchise, and they've yet to deliver a weak instalment.

Kind of a heartbreak too as the movie deals with a family-situation.

Tags:

Social Media Links

Reddit Tumblr NewTumblr bdsmlr Twitter ImageFap

Partner Sites

Planet Suzy HotCelebForum Pride Girlz Hyper Dreams Interactive Sex Stories TG-Party BIG BOOBED MODELS CHYOA - Interactive Sex Stories

DMCA

DMCA