Celebrity Story Site

Author Topic: In Memorial (Celebs that have passed)  (Read 59871 times)

Cadeauxxx

Re: In Memorial (Celebs that have passed)
« Reply #195 on: February 28, 2023, 06:37:02 AM »
Looks like Tom Sizemore will be leaving us soon.
Check me out on Patreon if you like my work!

Money

« Reply #196 on: February 28, 2023, 04:41:30 PM »
Now this hurts me I've enjoyed Tom's work over the years solid character actor normally he could get added to an all star cast and make it way better rough way to go out I'll miss him

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #197 on: March 02, 2023, 12:57:03 AM »
Now this hurts me I've enjoyed Tom's work over the years solid character actor normally he could get added to an all star cast and make it way better rough way to go out I'll miss him

Yeah, he was one of those guys who you remembered as a character actor no matter what he was in. Actors like that are hard to come across today.

DanielO

« Reply #198 on: March 02, 2023, 10:13:20 PM »
Wayne Shorter, one of the most admired and singular American jazz composers and saxophonists of the modern era has died at 89.

After brief runs with the Horace Silver Quintet and the Maynard Ferguson big band, Shorter’s career began in earnest in 1959 when he joined Art Blakey’s Jazz Messengers, a four-year tenure that found him graduating to musical director for the group while blossoming into a multi-faceted composer and master of the driving, hard bop sound.

He then moved on to a fruitful six-year run with jazz icon Miles Davis, first in his Quintet, where Shorter was able to stretch his musical wings and add layers to his already formidable talents, including on Davis’ landmark 1969 jazz fusion albums In a Silent Way and B****** Brew.

A master on the tenor saxophone, by the time Shorter left the Davis orbit he had moved on to playing soprano sax in the 1970s and 80s with keyboardist Joe Zawinul, bassist Miroslav Vitous, percussionist Airto Moreira and drummer Alphonse Mouzon in the fusion supergroup Weather Report; other members of the group of the years included genre-defining jazz bassist Jaco Pastorious, beloved session drummers Steve Gadd and Omar Hakim and Sly and the Family Stone drummer Greg Errico.

In addition to his stints in those bands, Shorter also collaborated with folk icon Joni Mitchell on 10 albums, Brazilian composer/singer Milton Nascimento, fellow former Davis bandmember Carlos Santana (on 1980’s The Swing of Delight) and, in perhaps his most high-profile non-jazz collab, he played the extended solo on the title track to Steely Dan’s 1977 Aja album.

A Remark You Made - Weather Report

Aja - Steely Dan

:'( :'(

Never create anything. It will be misinterpreted. It will be chained to you and follow you the rest of your life. It will never change.

- Bob Dylan, Seven Rules for Life in Hiding.

The following users thanked this post: Cadeauxxx

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #199 on: March 03, 2023, 12:50:16 AM »
I posted about Wayne on the discord, but didn't get a chance here.

Wayne was part of Miles' "Second Great Quintet". He was on a bunch of great albums like Miles Smiles all the way up to his flirting with fusion stuff like Filles de Kilimanjaro.

Huge loss for the Jazz community, he was an amazing Sax player.

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #200 on: March 06, 2023, 06:17:07 AM »
Gary Rossington, guitarist and last surviving original member of Lynyrd Skynyrd, has died at age 71.
He played on all 14 Skynyrd studio albums and co-wrote some of their biggest songs, including “Simple Man,” “Sweet Home Alabama,” “Gimme Back My Bullets” and “What’s Your Name.”

The following users thanked this post: John Connors, Jesse90

Money

« Reply #201 on: March 06, 2023, 04:15:06 PM »
A true guitar icon the world is a sadder place but we shall pull through

Fly high freebird RIP

Jesse90

« Reply #202 on: March 06, 2023, 07:45:08 PM »
Looks like Tom Sizemore will be leaving us soon.

I think he passed a couple days ago

DanielO

« Reply #203 on: March 10, 2023, 07:00:23 PM »
Actor Robert Blake has died at age 89.

Best performance IMO: as Jimmy Hoffa in the 1983 tv-movie Blood Feud.
Never create anything. It will be misinterpreted. It will be chained to you and follow you the rest of your life. It will never change.

- Bob Dylan, Seven Rules for Life in Hiding.

The following users thanked this post: Jesse90

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #204 on: March 15, 2023, 08:06:12 AM »
I lost my dog yesterday. 16 years old. I am 30, and that means I was only 14 when I first got him. I had that dog for more than half of my life.

It has not been an easy past two days for me. I wanted to have hope and I guess you can call it denial at first. He suffered a massive seizure Monday morning, and I am just glad he's not suffering anymore, but that don't make it any easier. Heartbroken and devastated, I don't know what to do with myself yet. I just want to write to get my mind off of it.

Money

« Reply #205 on: March 15, 2023, 09:29:42 AM »
I feel your pain I lost my cats a few years ago to old age and kidney failure still miss those wacky furballs

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #206 on: March 16, 2023, 12:32:33 PM »
Thanks Money, I'm crushed right now. I keep looking down thinking he's near my feet, or in the living room, or in one of his beds. It feels so weird not waking up to him being there. I didn't lose a pet, I lost a family member. 16 years is a long life for a dog, but I wish I could've had more time.

Money

« Reply #207 on: March 16, 2023, 02:11:22 PM »
I get it my cats lasted 19 years still think they will jump on the bed, scratch the door wanting out, or howl for food in the kitchen and God help you if they were mad for some reason

icestorm

« Reply #208 on: March 17, 2023, 08:23:05 PM »
Actor Lance Reddick has passed at age 60.

He's Charon in the John Wick movies.

He also played Papa Legba in American Horror Story: Coven, and Apocalypse.
Come for the debauchery, stay for the hedonism

The following users thanked this post: John Connors

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #209 on: April 08, 2023, 03:37:32 AM »
Paul Cattermole of S Club 7 has passed at 46.

Tags:

Social Media Links

Reddit Tumblr NewTumblr bdsmlr Twitter ImageFap

Partner Sites

Planet Suzy HotCelebForum Pride Girlz Hyper Dreams Interactive Sex Stories TG-Party BIG BOOBED MODELS CHYOA - Interactive Sex Stories

DMCA

DMCA