Celebrity Story Site

Author Topic: Monthly Writer's Club  (Read 1539 times)

BabesForTheWin

Monthly Writer's Club
« on: February 03, 2021, 04:25:45 AM »
Suggestion for a Writing Challenge: Monthly Writer's Club

I don't get a lot of time to write, mostly I come on the board, write a little and then get distracted finding things to post in the General Chat boards because I enjoy chatting and sharing images of my fav Celebs (PM me if you wish to focus on someone specific, always happy to chat :) )
In order to get more of us writing more often, I wanted to see if people would be interested in doing a Monthly Writer's Club. The concept is simple, but I'd love some feedback on what people would enjoy more :)

Concept: On the first Friday of each month, a short list of Celebrities (those that fit the categories on this site) and a short list of scenarios are posted. Author's that wish to be involved choose a Celebrity and a Scenario, then write a 5-15 minute read (15000-3000 words) within four weeks, and then post them up.
A dedicated thread would facilitate posting the short lists, links to the stories written and have info with fun shake ups to the challenge.

I feel like some fun things to challenge ourselves with could be:
-Writing about a Celeb you haven't written about before
-A random draw where a Celeb is drawn for participating members
-A secret Santa approach where members suggest the Celeb/Scenario combo they would like to read about, and that combo is sent to a random author in secret
-Mixing it up by using a single celeb (Celeb of the Month for instance) and having a longer list of scenarios and seeing what we can come up with

If you feel like you have favourite Celeb babes that don't get the attention they deserve or need a bit of community vibe to get writing, this could be really fun! I personally love discovering new Celeb crushes through posts people have made here, would be great to get some more stories out of it :)

JustinMays402

Re: Monthly Writer's Club
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 06:58:04 AM »
I'd definitely love to be involved in that

BabesForTheWin

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 07:09:16 AM »
I'd definitely love to be involved in that

Awesome! That is great to have a positive response right away!  :D

Viri

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 10:34:50 PM »
Not to bust your bubble here, but I don't think this would work on here for a number of reasons and I will explain.

First and foremost, If short stories are what you're aiming for, there is the Brevity Series which has a word limit set to 1,200. Brevity was a lot of fun in it's initial run and helped get many writers started. There's no game or list involved there, you just pick who you want to write about and make the theme/scenario whatever and just jot out a short story.

-Writing about a Celeb you haven't written about before
-A random draw where a Celeb is drawn for participating members
-A secret Santa approach where members suggest the Celeb/Scenario combo they would like to read about, and that combo is sent to a random author in secret
-Mixing it up by using a single celeb (Celeb of the Month for instance) and having a longer list of scenarios and seeing what we can come up with

Random draws would not work for the simple reason that most authors are not going to want to write about a celeb that they do not like. You would likely end up struggling with your lists and compromising on it based on people picking "underrated" celebs they believe need more stories. Underrated is a subjective term, as what one person feels is underrated, someone else might disagree with. Most authors on here with at least 20 or more stories, tend to have their own stable of celebs they pick from and enjoy writing about. If they don't like someone, they're simply not going to write about them.

Scenarios in writing I think is also subjective, as something authors themselves come up with and it comes down to if they want to write said scenarios or not.

I feel your heart is in the right place here, but this is an idea that won't work. The Brevity Series is better for short stories or Big Titty Committee.

One last thing I want to mention, this site does get a fair share of stories every month. It's barely February and there have already been 4 new stories posted so far this week. This site does get a lot of activity.

BabesForTheWin

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 12:15:38 AM »

First and foremost, If short stories are what you're aiming for, there is the Brevity Series which has a word limit set to 1,200. Brevity was a lot of fun in it's initial run and helped get many writers started. There's no game or list involved there, you just pick who you want to write about and make the theme/scenario whatever and just jot out a short story.

Random draws would not work for the simple reason that most authors are not going to want to write about a celeb that they do not like. You would likely end up struggling with your lists and compromising on it based on people picking "underrated" celebs they believe need more stories. Underrated is a subjective term, as what one person feels is underrated, someone else might disagree with. Most authors on here with at least 20 or more stories, tend to have their own stable of celebs they pick from and enjoy writing about. If they don't like someone, they're simply not going to write about them.

I feel your heart is in the right place here, but this is an idea that won't work. The Brevity Series is better for short stories or Big Titty Committee.

One last thing I want to mention, this site does get a fair share of stories every month. It's barely February and there have already been 4 new stories posted so far this week. This site does get a lot of activity.

Thanks for the thoughts! Much appreciated for taking the time to respond in depth :)

The Brevity Series and Big Titty Commitee are great, it would be great to have them run more regularly then? Or because as you say, the site gets enough stories it isn't warranted?
I can see how people wouldn't be interested in writing for someone that doesn't inspire them, my primary intention was variety of subject and more communication between authors but again, I understand your point.

I honestly feel some sort of monthly 'event' of some type would make a very positive impact, not that the site isn't great without it and I am certainly enjoying my time here :)

Tags:

Social Media Links

Reddit Tumblr NewTumblr bdsmlr Twitter ImageFap

Partner Sites

Planet Suzy HotCelebForum Pride Girlz Hyper Dreams Interactive Sex Stories TG-Party BIG BOOBED MODELS CHYOA - Interactive Sex Stories

DMCA

DMCA