Celebrity Story Site

Author Topic: Today's Birthdays  (Read 82869 times)

123z

• Author
  • Am aged 63, love classic rock, sport & vintage tv
Re: Today's Birthdays
« Reply #225 on: July 07, 2021, 07:14:30 AM »
Happy birthday to Charlie Watts, 81 today

123z

• Author
« Reply #226 on: July 14, 2021, 05:35:03 AM »
Remembering the greatest rock gathering after Woodstock, July 13th 1985.

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Live-Aid-web-optimised-1000.jpg

Queen’s Live Aid Performance: How Rock’s Royalty Stole The Show
Queen’s Live Aid performance has not only gone down in history as the day’s show-stopping event, but one of the greatest live concerts of all time.

Queen performing at Live Aid

The old Wembley Stadium was the setting, on 13 July 1985, for one of the greatest live concerts ever staged: Live Aid. Sting, U2, Dire Straits, The Who, Elvis Costello, Elton John, and George Michael were among the acts performing in London that day (Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Mick Jagger, Madonna and Tom Petty were at the John F Kennedy Stadium in Philadelphia for the American counterpart). But of all the high-caliber artists on display that day, there was unanimous agreement that Queen’s Live Aid performance stole the whole show with a magnificent, 21-minute tour-de-force set.

The 2019 hit biopic Bohemian Rhapsody starts and ends with footage recreating Queen’s Live Aid concert – a performance that remains the high point of the band’s live history. Their participation was initially in doubt, however, and as recently as June 2019, guitarist Brian May admitted: “We definitely hesitated about doing Live Aid.”

The following users thanked this post: Cadeauxxx, Shaggy21x

JustinMays402

« Reply #227 on: July 14, 2021, 08:04:12 AM »
Arab American NASCAR driver Toni Breidinger turns 22

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #228 on: July 14, 2021, 10:11:16 AM »

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Live-Aid-web-optimised-1000.jpg

Queen’s Live Aid performance has not only gone down in history as the day’s show-stopping event, but one of the greatest live concerts of all time.

The old Wembley Stadium was the setting, on 13 July 1985, for one of the greatest live concerts ever staged: Live Aid. Sting, U2, Dire Straits, The Who, Elvis Costello, Elton John, and George Michael were among the acts performing in London that day (Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Mick Jagger, Madonna and Tom Petty were at the John F Kennedy Stadium in Philadelphia for the American counterpart). But of all the high-caliber artists on display that day, there was unanimous agreement that Queen’s Live Aid performance stole the whole show with a magnificent, 21-minute tour-de-force set.

The 2019 hit biopic Bohemian Rhapsody starts and ends with footage recreating Queen’s Live Aid concert – a performance that remains the high point of the band’s live history. Their participation was initially in doubt, however, and as recently as June 2019, guitarist Brian May admitted: “We definitely hesitated about doing Live Aid.”

I was watching a video of Live Aid yesterday. That's one concert I wish I could've lived to see.
Check me out on Patreon if you like my work!

123z

• Author
« Reply #229 on: July 14, 2021, 10:23:34 AM »

I was watching a video of Live Aid yesterday. That's one concert I wish I could've lived to see.

I was lucky enough to get one ticket. The day was incredibly hot and the stadium was packed full. I think i lost 5 pounds in sweat. Queen were the best act, always liked them. And Bowie and Elton. Never cared much for U2 who came on in the middle. I left after the Who and missed Paul McCartney. Knowimg the train ride home would be a challenge what with 100.000 people wanting to get home. Incredibly still I just saw Springsteen on the 4th July at the same stadium and that was also amazing. 4 and a half hour show with no break!       

The following users thanked this post: Shaggy21x

Shaggy21x

• Trying to make up for Lost Time. Frustrated Writer
« Reply #230 on: July 14, 2021, 11:38:57 AM »
I saw Live Aid on TV, would have never been able to stand all that time! I recall Status Quo opened with 'Rocking All Over the World' fantastic start. Yes I agree Queen were superb. Am I correct in that the Band managed to increase the Speaker volume for their Set, upsetting other bands.
All hail Emma Raducanu.
All hail Sarina Wiegman.

123z

• Author
« Reply #231 on: July 14, 2021, 12:02:01 PM »
That is just a myth made in the recent movie. They just seemed louder. The Who were the loudest on the day thanks to John's thunderous bass. I DID see Queen at the Rainbow at Finsbury Park in 1979 and i was half deaf in my left ear for two days after! Incredibly loud. Loudest band i ever saw was Motorhead.   

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #232 on: July 24, 2021, 07:18:10 AM »
J-Lo is 52 today. The ageless beauty continues to prove to us all that she is a black magic woman.
Check me out on Patreon if you like my work!

123z

• Author
« Reply #233 on: July 26, 2021, 05:36:17 AM »
Bumper day today

Kate Beckinsale is 48
Mick Jagger is 78
Helen Mirren is 78
Roger Taylor, drummer in Queen is 72
Jason Statham is 54
Sandra Bullock is 57     

Shaggy21x

« Reply #234 on: July 26, 2021, 08:57:26 AM »
Dear old Mick, just keeps rolling along!
Kate Beckinsale, hard to believe, super hot still. Always, remember her Father, Richard, such a massive part of comedy royalty in the 1970's.
All hail Emma Raducanu.
All hail Sarina Wiegman.

123z

• Author
« Reply #235 on: July 26, 2021, 09:12:47 AM »
Dear old Mick, just keeps rolling along!
Kate Beckinsale, hard to believe, super hot still. Always, remember her Father, Richard, such a massive part of comedy royalty in the 1970's.
I  Feel sorry for people today who miss out on brilliant sitcoms. Nothing tops Porridge, or Reggie Perrin, or Fawlty Towers these days. Beckinsale had superb comedy timing. Just like Ron Barker and Rossiter. 

123z

• Author
« Reply #236 on: August 02, 2021, 09:07:37 AM »
August 1st, birthday greetings to Joe Elliot of Def Leppard.

Also what would have been the 70th birthday of the legendary guitarist Tommy Bolin. Gone too soon.

123z

• Author
« Reply #237 on: August 04, 2021, 09:15:33 AM »
53 years ago in August 1968 four English musicians got down in a room to play 'Train Kept Rolling' and thus Led Zeppelin were born.   

Shaggy21x

« Reply #238 on: August 16, 2021, 02:27:05 PM »
Yua Mikami, super sexy Japanese AV Actress 28 years old on 16 August 2021. She is also a J-pop Idol singer and has her own clothing brand.
All hail Emma Raducanu.
All hail Sarina Wiegman.

The following users thanked this post: 123z

123z

• Author
« Reply #239 on: August 20, 2021, 05:32:20 AM »
Happy Birthday to Robert Plant.

The following users thanked this post: Cadeauxxx

Social Media Links

Reddit Tumblr NewTumblr bdsmlr Twitter ImageFap

Partner Sites

Planet Suzy HotCelebForum Pride Girlz Hyper Dreams Interactive Sex Stories TG-Party BIG BOOBED MODELS CHYOA - Interactive Sex Stories

DMCA

DMCA