Celebrity Story Site

Author Topic: What are you listening to right now?  (Read 211817 times)

123z

• Author
  • Am aged 63, love classic rock, sport & vintage tv
Re: What are you listening to right now?
« Reply #840 on: October 04, 2021, 10:59:24 AM »
\K.K.'S Priest- Sermons of the Sinner, new album from K.K.Downing, ex of Judas Priest 

123z

• Author
« Reply #841 on: October 07, 2021, 12:06:29 PM »
Still Senjutsu from Iron Maiden. The best album of 2021. 

Shaggy21x

• Trying to make up for Lost Time. Frustrated Writer
« Reply #842 on: October 10, 2021, 07:58:57 AM »
Neil Diamond; 'Sweet Caroline'. Live version from a 2012 concert in USA. On YouTube. Wonderful song with audience making it even more special. I've not been to many live concerts in my life, a big regret, but sadly my circumstances made it very difficult. Also, I don't live in a big city which the famous acts tend to favour and back in the day UK didn't have that many suitable venues. Now Covid has made it all more harder for bands to tour.
All hail Emma Raducanu.
All hail Sarina Wiegman.

123z

• Author
« Reply #843 on: October 20, 2021, 12:12:43 PM »
Ted Nugent, live show from Michigan 1980

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #844 on: October 20, 2021, 02:29:39 PM »
October is Metal month for me. So far, going through a lot of classics.

Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell
Mercyful Fate - Don't Break The Oath
Alcatrazz - Disturbing the Peace
Judas Priest - Defenders of the Faith
Check me out on Patreon if you like my work!

The following users thanked this post: 123z

123z

• Author
« Reply #845 on: October 21, 2021, 03:15:37 AM »
October is Metal month for me. So far, going through a lot of classics.

Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell
Mercyful Fate - Don't Break The Oath
Alcatrazz - Disturbing the Peace
Judas Priest - Defenders of the Faith
Nice. How about some British steel/
Saxon, Motorhead, Bullet For My Valentine, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, and Budgie

123z

• Author
« Reply #846 on: October 30, 2021, 11:32:01 AM »
Hawkwind- live in 1978

123z

• Author
« Reply #847 on: November 04, 2021, 12:35:06 PM »
Brand new album from Trivium- In the Court of the Dragon   

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #848 on: November 06, 2021, 08:54:33 AM »
I've been on an odd Led Zeppelin kick the past week, which is strange cause I usually don't listen to them much.

My curiosity was sparked recently when I discovered Jimmy Page used a Telecaster on their entire first album and a great deal of Led Zepp II was also recorded with the same Tele. Led Zepp fans will likely know the guitar I'm referring to is his '59 Tele with the rosewood finerboard and psychedelic dragon painting over the body.

This made a lot of things click in my head. I always felt the guitar tone on a lot of those songs sounded unique and different from what I know of the usual Les Paul stuff that was recorded later on. The Telecaster is such an underrated guitar outside of Country music. I have never understood why it is typecast as a Country player's guitar when it was used all over Rock and R&B music. I'm always surprised when I find out that some unique guitar sound I heard was actually a Telecaster and not a Strat or a Gibson type guitar.

Page also used a Telecaster in Stairway to Heaven and you can definitely hear it's twang and sparkle in the solo and background.

In my opinion there are only 2 guitars that define versatility and are real jack of all trades that can handle every genre and playing style - the Fender Telecaster and Gibson ES-335.

The following users thanked this post: 123z

123z

• Author
« Reply #849 on: November 06, 2021, 01:28:56 PM »
I've been on an odd Led Zeppelin kick the past week, which is strange cause I usually don't listen to them much.

My curiosity was sparked recently when I discovered Jimmy Page used a Telecaster on their entire first album and a great deal of Led Zepp II was also recorded with the same Tele. Led Zepp fans will likely know the guitar I'm referring to is his '59 Tele with the rosewood finerboard and psychedelic dragon painting over the body.

This made a lot of things click in my head. I always felt the guitar tone on a lot of those songs sounded unique and different from what I know of the usual Les Paul stuff that was recorded later on. The Telecaster is such an underrated guitar outside of Country music. I have never understood why it is typecast as a Country player's guitar when it was used all over Rock and R&B music. I'm always surprised when I find out that some unique guitar sound I heard was actually a Telecaster and not a Strat or a Gibson type guitar.

Page also used a Telecaster in Stairway to Heaven and you can definitely hear it's twang and sparkle in the solo and background.

In my opinion there are only 2 guitars that define versatility and are real jack of all trades that can handle every genre and playing style - the Fender Telecaster and Gibson ES-335.

Interesting. The '59 tele was given to Jimmy by Jeff Beck when he left the Yardbirds to Page. As you say he used in 68 and 69 with Zeppelin but Peter Grant suggested he retire it in late 69 because after every gig Jimmy had to get a soldering iron out to make it serviceable! He last used it on STH. On the advice of Joe Walsh he then picked up a Les Paul Burst which became known as 'number 1.' Probably the sexiest electric guitar made.

The following users thanked this post: Cadeauxxx

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #850 on: November 09, 2021, 06:07:38 AM »

Interesting. The '59 tele was given to Jimmy by Jeff Beck when he left the Yardbirds to Page. As you say he used in 68 and 69 with Zeppelin but Peter Grant suggested he retire it in late 69 because after every gig Jimmy had to get a soldering iron out to make it serviceable! He last used it on STH. On the advice of Joe Walsh he then picked up a Les Paul Burst which became known as 'number 1.' Probably the sexiest electric guitar made.

Wow that's really interesting.

You can definitely hear that Tele in those tracks. It sounds different from the Les Paul, which IMO was a bit muddy and sometimes too overdriven on their later stuff. Interesting to hear that the Tele had durability issues. It was likely beaten to a pulp from aggressive playing between Beck and Page over the course of it's life. Vintage Fender guitars had a reputation (and still do) for durability. Stevie Ray Vaughan played a beat up Strat for his entire career.

I played a Telecaster in college and it's the one guitar I regret getting rid of. That guitar was so useful for everything I wanted to play. At the time, I favored a Strat which had a far brighter neck pickup, but the Tele did everything I needed to do from classic rock to country/southern rock and jazz. My favorite thing about Teles is how twangy they sound. It didn't take me long to realize why Country guitarists love those guitars, and in the early Led Zepp recordings, you can hear that twangy sound from the Tele.

A few years ago, I started venturing into ES-335 territory and I got myself an ES-339. That has been the best guitar I've ever owned, and shockingly enough, it gets that twangy middle sound that a Tele gets. I could never get that sound out of my Les Paul, but my ES has it.

123z

• Author
« Reply #851 on: November 09, 2021, 07:21:25 AM »
I remember Stevie Ray's beat up strat. Similar to the one 1961 type Rory Gallagher always played. The laquer completely gone. see here. Fantastic tone live.

Other famed Telecaster users are of course, Keith Richards with his 5 string tuning. Springsteen, Syd Barrett, and Strummer of the Clash.

You should check out the Jimmy Page book 'Anthology' which is basically a career look at all his guitars and equipment. Mrs 123z got it for me last Christmas.

123z

• Author
« Reply #852 on: November 10, 2021, 12:09:54 PM »
Judas Priest- Firepower album, 2018   

Nidhogg

« Reply #853 on: November 13, 2021, 11:44:43 AM »
Massiv Attack - Angel

20+ years later and this song is still some of the most foreboding music ever created.

The following users thanked this post: Cadeauxxx

DanielO

« Reply #854 on: November 15, 2021, 10:05:28 PM »
Taylor Swift - All Too Well (10 minute version)

Proof that you can improve on greatness. Well, not you, but Taylor Swift can.  8)
Never create anything. It will be misinterpreted. It will be chained to you and follow you the rest of your life. It will never change.

- Bob Dylan, Seven Rules for Life in Hiding.

Social Media Links

Reddit Tumblr NewTumblr bdsmlr Twitter ImageFap

Partner Sites

Planet Suzy HotCelebForum Pride Girlz Hyper Dreams Interactive Sex Stories TG-Party BIG BOOBED MODELS CHYOA - Interactive Sex Stories

DMCA

DMCA