Celebrity Story Site

Author Topic: In Memorial (Celebs that have passed)  (Read 59588 times)

123z

• Author
  • Am aged 63, love classic rock, sport & vintage tv
Re: In Memorial (Celebs that have passed)
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2020, 01:30:47 PM »
Former King Crimson singer and bassist Gordon Haskell dead.
Gordon Haskell, who featured on King Crimson's second and third albums, has passed away aged 74

Gordon Haskell, who played bass and sang for King Crimson in the early 70s has died, aged 74, according to his official Facebook page.

In a post from earlier today it states: "It is with great sadness we announce the passing of Gordon, a great musician and a wonderful person who will be sadly missed by so many."

Haskell, who had featured in school friend Robert Fripp's pre-King Cirmson band League Of Gentlemen, as well as psychedelic pop band Fleur de Lys (during which time he shared a London flat with Jimi Hendrix) sang Cadence And Cascade on 1970's In The Wake Of Poseidon, and sang and played bass on the follow-up, Lizard (also 1970).

Really hate to hear this. Love King Crimson, they made one of my favorite records of all time.

That's all 3 of their original bass players and vocalists gone. Greg Lake, Gordon Haskell and John Wetton. RIP to all of them.

I particularly miss Wetton, saw him in 1981 in London with Asia. Superb voice and bass guitar..     
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 12:05:14 AM by 123z »

The following users thanked this post: Cadeauxxx

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2020, 04:46:08 PM »
Former King Crimson singer and bassist Gordon Haskell dead.
Gordon Haskell, who featured on King Crimson's second and third albums, has passed away aged 74

Gordon Haskell, who played bass and sang for King Crimson in the early 70s has died, aged 74, according to his official Facebook page.

In a post from earlier today it states: "It is with great sadness we announce the passing of Gordon, a great musician and a wonderful person who will be sadly missed by so many."

Haskell, who had featured in school friend Robert Fripp's pre-King Cirmson band League Of Gentlemen, as well as psychedelic pop band Fleur de Lys (during which time he shared a London flat with Jimi Hendrix) sang Cadence And Cascade on 1970's In The Wake Of Poseidon, and sang and played bass on the follow-up, Lizard (also 1970).

Really hate to hear this. Love King Crimson, they made one of my favorite records of all time.

That's all 3 of their original bass players and vocalists gone. Greg Lake, Gordon Haskell and John Wetton. RIP to all of them.

I particularly miss Wetton, saw him in 1981 in London with Asia. Superb voice and bass guitar..   

Asia were great. Prog Rock super groups are rare these days.

Wetton's voice sounded amazing live, I love this version of 21st Century Schizoid Man with him singing it.

Check me out on Patreon if you like my work!

123z

• Author
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2020, 09:15:00 AM »
Terrible news just in of Sean Connery's passing at age 90. One of my all time favourite actors, and yet another James Bond icon to die in a short space of time. RIP.

BlingBlingWarrior

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2020, 02:43:37 AM »
RIP Sir Sean, he was a fine man.

The following users thanked this post: 123z

123z

• Author
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2020, 11:25:59 AM »
News of the sad death of Ken Hensley at 75. As the keyboard player of British group Uriah Heep, he played a big part in their success. Not as familiar as Black Sabbath, Judas Priest or Jethro Tull, they were not too far behind.

x

Born Kenneth William David Hensley on August 24, 1945, the keyboard player first attracted the national spotlight as a member of The Gods, who featured future Rolling Stones guitarist Mick Taylor, and recorded two albums, 1968’s Genesis and 1969’s To Samuel A Son, for Columbia Records. The group also released the album Orgasm under the pseudonym Head Machine.

Hensley wrote or co-wrote the majority of Uriah Heep's songs until his departure from the band in 1980, including the hit singles Easy Livin’, Stealin’, Lady In Black and Free Me.

He wrote the band’s biggest hit, Easy Livin’ from 1972’s Demons And Wizards album, in just 15 minutes. Though it failed to chart in the UK, the song, a tongue-in-cheek reflection upon outsider perceptions of the band’s lifestyle, became a top 20 hit across mainland Europe, and peaked on the Billboard Hot 100 at number 39. A huge radio hit in America, it pushed the Demons and Wizards album to number 23 on the Billboard 200 album chart.

DanielO

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2020, 02:28:29 PM »
Alex Trebek, host for 36 years of the game show "Jeopardy," has died at age 80 after a long battle with cancer.

Never create anything. It will be misinterpreted. It will be chained to you and follow you the rest of your life. It will never change.

- Bob Dylan, Seven Rules for Life in Hiding.

icestorm

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2020, 10:55:34 PM »
Alex Trebek, host for 36 years of the game show "Jeopardy," has died at age 80 after a long battle with cancer.

A: Alex mother fucking Trebek

Q: Who was one of the greatest game show hosts of all time?

May he R.I.P.
Come for the debauchery, stay for the hedonism

Viri

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2020, 08:48:25 PM »
Sad to see Alex Trebek go. He had been battling cancer for quite some time. That show won't be the same without him RIP.

123z

• Author
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2020, 07:25:02 PM »
Sad to hear one of my favourite writers. British spy novelist John Le Carre has died today at age 89.
Also, famous London born icon Barbara Windsor has died after a long illness at 83.
Known for her acting roles in countless comedy movies and a 14 year stint on weekly soap Eastenders, she will be missed for her big smile and cheeky giggle.

123z

• Author
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2020, 02:14:09 AM »
Leslie West, 1945-2020. Founder of rock band Mountain, and guitar player extraordinaire. RIP.

123z

• Author
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2021, 06:43:27 AM »
Just heard that Tanya Roberts of James Bond and Charlie's Angels fame has died at age 65.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 06:45:01 AM by 123z »

Shaggy21x

• Trying to make up for Lost Time. Frustrated Writer
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2021, 04:34:21 PM »
So sad and so young at 65. I must have been a teenager watching Charlie's Angels and now I'm not far off 60 myself.
All hail Emma Raducanu.
All hail Sarina Wiegman.

JustinMays402

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2021, 04:56:43 PM »
Alexi Laiho, frontman and guitarist for metal band Children of Bodom, died at age 41.

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2021, 05:48:05 PM »
Alexi Laiho, frontman and guitarist for metal band Children of Bodom, died at age 41.

Now that one was a huge shocker. 41 is so young. They were a pretty good Metal band.
Check me out on Patreon if you like my work!

123z

• Author
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2021, 09:09:04 PM »
Just heard that Tanya Roberts of James Bond and Charlie's Angels fame has died at age 65.

New just in. Tanya is not dead! Her agent insists she is alive still, but in critical condiiton in ICU in hospital in LA. 

Tags:

Social Media Links

Reddit Tumblr NewTumblr bdsmlr Twitter ImageFap

Partner Sites

Planet Suzy HotCelebForum Pride Girlz Hyper Dreams Interactive Sex Stories TG-Party BIG BOOBED MODELS CHYOA - Interactive Sex Stories

DMCA

DMCA