Celebrity Story Site

Author Topic: What are you listening to right now?  (Read 211753 times)

Cadeauxxx

Re: What are you listening to right now?
« Reply #885 on: November 30, 2022, 04:36:57 PM »
With the news of Christine McVie's passing, time to break out the old Fleetwood Mac records.

Christine played piano on this track.

Check me out on Patreon if you like my work!

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #886 on: December 01, 2022, 02:34:25 AM »
Since earlier this year when I was turned onto the Grateful Dead, I keep going back and looking at American rock from the 60s that I had not listened to before.

I discovered Moby Grape some time ago. They were a great band, but I had not really dug into them beyond their debut that is fantastic. Through digging into their music, I learned that they had a member of their band similar to Syd Barrett and Peter Green who suffered a drug inducted mental breakdown. Their acid casualty was Skip Spence; a key part of the band's three guitar lineup. Skip wrote some amazing beautiful melodies and rhythm in Moby Grape.

From reading about Skip Spence, I came across the solo album he made called Oar. This album is quite infamous as being one of the earliest examples of an album where one musician did all the instruments and production alone. It is also well known for being something of a musical documentation of his complete mental decline. The album almost sounds like a mad genius at work. Legend has it that the day Skip was released from an institution, he hopped on a motorcycle in his pajamas and took it straight to Nashville to record this album.

This album isn't for everybody. It is so unpolished and sounds raw. This is the real stuff. It takes a few listens to get into, but after the third listen I think I got it and now I can't put the album down. I have found the emotions to push in many directions. Much of the album is frightening and sounds scary at times. The music can be dark and haunting and has certainly left an impression with me. It's the raw stuff like this that is often unforgettable. I see how this album left an impression on many people and was so influential.

Money

« Reply #887 on: December 12, 2022, 04:54:04 AM »
Currently working on a jukebox collection story with Selena gomez that requires I listen to classic Aerosmith

Shaggy21x

• Trying to make up for Lost Time. Frustrated Writer
« Reply #888 on: December 29, 2022, 12:49:25 PM »
You Tube:  Discovered fantastic version of 'Come on Eileen' Dexys Midnight Runners (Live at Shaftsbury Theatre, London, 1982). Sounds as good as the studio recording. Genius.
All hail Emma Raducanu.
All hail Sarina Wiegman.

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #889 on: January 11, 2023, 05:52:49 PM »

DanielO

« Reply #890 on: January 19, 2023, 06:04:34 PM »
Wooden Ships - CS&N

RIP David Crosby

"And it's a fair wind
Blowin' warm out of the south over my shoulder
Guess I'll set a course and go."
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 06:18:42 PM by DanielO »
Never create anything. It will be misinterpreted. It will be chained to you and follow you the rest of your life. It will never change.

- Bob Dylan, Seven Rules for Life in Hiding.

The following users thanked this post: Shaggy21x

DanielO

« Reply #891 on: January 29, 2023, 08:21:03 AM »

RIP Tom Verlaine.  8)

"I remember how the darkness doubled,
I recall lightning struck itself."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 08:32:38 AM by DanielO »
Never create anything. It will be misinterpreted. It will be chained to you and follow you the rest of your life. It will never change.

The following users thanked this post: Cadeauxxx

John Connors

• Wayward Son
  • Administrator
  • Well, I got a bad liver and a broken heart...
'What would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark? It would be like sleep without dreams.' - Werner Herzog

'Gotta head full of ideas that are driving me insane...' - Bob Dylan

'I sold a quart of blood, bought a half a pint of scotch' - Tom Waits

Shaggy21x

• Trying to make up for Lost Time. Frustrated Writer
« Reply #893 on: February 12, 2023, 03:05:16 PM »
1960's Folk music. Revisiting Peter, Paul and Mary and 'Where have all the flowers gone' Also, listened to the version by The Kingston trio, they may have sang it first. Very moving song, written by Pete Seeger.

Check out You tube for updated versions.
All hail Emma Raducanu.
All hail Sarina Wiegman.

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #894 on: February 28, 2023, 06:41:56 AM »

RIP Tom Verlaine.  8)

"I remember how the darkness doubled,
I recall lightning struck itself."

I love this record. Television were some seriously amazing musicians. That's one of those albums where a band said screw all the rules, we're going to make rock music our way.

DanielO

« Reply #895 on: March 02, 2023, 10:19:17 PM »
RIP to one of the masters of jazz saxophone, Wayne Shorter.

A Remark You Made - Weather Report

Aja - Steely Dan

8)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 10:21:45 PM by DanielO »

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #896 on: March 21, 2023, 05:29:40 PM »
I finally picked up a copy of John Foxx and Louis Gordon's 2003 album Crash and Burn.

I'm not well-versed in the albums this duo made, though I am quite familiar with John Foxx's important work in the late 70s with Ultravox and his 80s albums.

I've fallen in love with this album. It has the hallmarks of Foxx's pop oriented synth sound, but with darker and moodier club feels. Much of the album fits the era it was released with a certain sleazy sound. it's raw, heavy and energetic. I will probably have to track down the deluxe edition to experience that bonus disc in it's re-release.

I love this song especially.

This is the kind of dark electronic music I wish Gary Numan was still making instead of imitating NIN.

Sign54

« Reply #897 on: May 09, 2023, 08:21:40 PM »
Paramores this is why.

Money

« Reply #898 on: June 18, 2023, 12:59:08 PM »
Drastic symphonies by Def Leppard

This thing is awesome

Sign54

« Reply #899 on: June 18, 2023, 06:07:41 PM »
The Highwomen(Amanda Shires, Brandi Carlile, Natalie Hemby, and Maren Morris)

Social Media Links

Reddit Tumblr NewTumblr bdsmlr Twitter ImageFap

Partner Sites

Planet Suzy HotCelebForum Pride Girlz Hyper Dreams Interactive Sex Stories TG-Party BIG BOOBED MODELS CHYOA - Interactive Sex Stories

DMCA

DMCA