Celebrity Story Site

Author Topic: CSS Magazine  (Read 6871 times)

DarkSwordsman

Re: CSS Magazine
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2020, 02:28:51 PM »
You got us to help with the content. As the old saying goes, many hands make light work. I'm ready to start this project, I think it'd be a fantastic way to promote this site. I can handle celebrity confessions (I'm good at getting people to open up anyway). I think celebrity interviews could be handled by various people so we get more of them.

I was actually thinking that there’d only be one interview, with the celeb on the cover. Though we could do some shorter ones to go along with it if we run of article ideas.  For the confessions and the agony aunt section, I was thinking that would be collaborative, with each writer contributing as many as they want.
Check out my Patreon if you like my work: https://patreon.com/DarkSwordsman

The following users thanked this post: JustinMays402

JustinMays402

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2020, 02:46:16 PM »
You got us to help with the content. As the old saying goes, many hands make light work. I'm ready to start this project, I think it'd be a fantastic way to promote this site. I can handle celebrity confessions (I'm good at getting people to open up anyway). I think celebrity interviews could be handled by various people so we get more of them.

I was actually thinking that there’d only be one interview, with the celeb on the cover. Though we could do some shorter ones to go along with it if we run of article ideas.  For the confessions and the agony aunt section, I was thinking that would be collaborative, with each writer contributing as many as they want.

That's what I'm thinking. I would like to see lesser known celebs get some of the main interviews (like the ones I've written about), so people can become more familiar with them. The more celebs we add here, the more the site grows. But yeah, I'm excited to get this magazine project started. Maybe do it monthly, like what you'd get with a subscription to a regular one

DarkSwordsman

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2020, 02:52:43 PM »
I think monthly is too much. Maybe quarterly if the first goes well and everyone is up for continuing it.

JustinMays402

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2020, 02:56:35 PM »
I think monthly is too much. Maybe quarterly if the first goes well and everyone is up for continuing it.

I know I'd be up for continuing it. But yeah, quarterly at first, see how it goes and go from there

Viri

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2020, 03:00:51 PM »
Instead of having parody interviews with celebs, why not interview the authors and let them write articles and columns about writing and celeb stuff? Then the celebs could be used as pieces with the authors, since many celebs really represent the authors who write them mostly.

This site is all about what some dub on here as 'celebrity erotic fiction'. A magazine could even have the potential to make readers become authors themselves. Maybe even a section that is meant to encourage new writers and offer them tips. There could even be columns where readers submit questions to be answered. Another column idea could be authors recommending stories from other authors that they enjoy.

There's all kinds of neat stuff that could be done with a magazine. I think more so than spoofing celeb interviews. The spoof thing I believe works better as a series, maybe even a full site participant series like Brevity with Q&A type stuff.

The following users thanked this post: Cadeauxxx

JustinMays402

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2020, 03:11:19 PM »
Instead of having parody interviews with celebs, why not interview the authors and let them write articles and columns about writing and celeb stuff? Then the celebs could be used as pieces with the authors, since many celebs really represent the authors who write them mostly.

This site is all about what some dub on here as 'celebrity erotic fiction'. A magazine could even have the potential to make readers become authors themselves. Maybe even a section that is meant to encourage new writers and offer them tips. There could even be columns where readers submit questions to be answered. Another column idea could be authors recommending stories from other authors that they enjoy.

There's all kinds of neat stuff that could be done with a magazine. I think more so than spoofing celeb interviews. The spoof thing I believe works better as a series, maybe even a full site participant series like Brevity with Q&A type stuff.

That would probably be 10 times easier. You'll have to elaborate on that more but I like the idea

The following users thanked this post: Viri

Viri

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2020, 03:24:53 PM »
That would probably be 10 times easier. You'll have to elaborate on that more but I like the idea

There's all kinds of neat stuff that could be done if the magazine centered around the site's content and the authors, as well as giving readers the opportunity to interact. After all, readers are going to be the ones reading it. I think it would be more fun giving us something to interact with, rather than reading spoof/parody interviews of celebs talking dirty. That idea I think works better as a story or series, no offense to anyone if you think my idea is garbage.

Maybe something like a 'new releases' section that documents all the latest stories from the previous month (if we are doing a 12 month issue). All the new stories of the past month listed, and I think there should be a special bolding for the 'hot' stories, which would be the latest stories that all racked up the most views. In this site's case, it would be over a thousand or so views in the span of a month.

A 'new authors' section would be ideal too.

The pinup of the month could have a whole spread section in the magazine with classic pics and detailed rundowns of stories that they're featured in. Maybe even several pages with full blown pics and then columns or blurbs highlighting stories they're in (maybe use the ones with the most views as a way to measure this).

Authors could come up with ideas for columns and sections. There's some on here who do like to discuss with their fans/readers and are encouraging towards new authors. Cade and John both come to mind, I believe they would do a superb job with something like that to help new authors and inspire readers into trying their hand at writing. Cade should probably have an entire column doing Q&A stuff for writers looking for help.

Someone else on here has been writing reviews for stories. It would be cool if more people did that. Maybe have an entire section for reviews and offer non-authors the chance to review a story.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 03:26:49 PM by Viri »

The following users thanked this post: Cadeauxxx

DarkSwordsman

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2020, 04:16:11 PM »
I get where you’re coming from Viri, but most of the things you’ve mentioned (author interviews, story reviews) already have sections on the site. It does seem that in doing the magazine in that way, we’d simply be putting content already available on the site into a different format.

JustinMays402

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2020, 04:40:04 PM »
I get where you’re coming from Viri, but most of the things you’ve mentioned (author interviews, story reviews) already have sections on the site. It does seem that in doing the magazine in that way, we’d simply be putting content already available on the site into a different format.

I haven't been interviewed yet nor do I have an author section (I was asked about it but since I'm always writing new stuff, I decided to leave it in the hands of whoever does that). I do think a review section would be good. But I don't mind parody interviews with celebs either if it's done well.

The following users thanked this post: DarkSwordsman

Viri

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2020, 04:54:00 PM »

I'm assuming this would be something published and distributed on the CSS social media sites, so it wouldn't hurt to use it to bring more eyes on content on here. If someone came across the pages hosted somewhere and decided to check out CSS, it might make them want to go to those sections and look at the content.

All those interviews use the same questions and are done more so as a way to let people know the authors on a personal level. Giving interviews in a magazine would be different, offering new subjects to focus on. It could focus around what authors have recently published and ask them questions about their latest stories and what they're looking to write in the future. Somebody else could be doing the interviewing and asking their own questions.

No one really even comments on those reviews and they're all written by authors. If they were put in a magazine format, it would probably bring some activity to them and encourage other people besides authors to pen reviews on stories.

I think if you put out a magazine every month covering what's going on at the moment on the site, it would bring a new level of activity on here. Have a section with all the latest stories of the month and highlight the ones who all achieved over 1,000 or 2,000 views as the hot stories, and write a blurb on them and the celebs featured in them. A special section for the pinup of the month and key stories involving them would work.

Authors could come up with sections too centered around stories and writing. I think a cool idea would be to let certain authors have their own sections and do what they want with them. The site is called Celebrity Story Site, so a magazine with a good bit of writing and story topics leading to the celebs, I just think works out better.

I'm shooting ideas here, just hoping to contribute a bit. I think there is much greater potential here though than just writing spoof celeb interviews. I'd make the parody Q&A stuff just one section, maybe even a good bit of a comedy section. There's so much you could do here with a magazine of covering this site and bringing more eyes to the content on here is a winning scenario.

The following users thanked this post: Cadeauxxx, JustinMays402

Slyguy

• Global Moderator
  • What if I told you I'm a mastermind?
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2020, 05:21:15 PM »
1) What is being suggested is quite different than the original idea pitched.  I very much like what is being suggested, however that is an immense amount of work, even to do it quarterly.  That information, for the most part, is already on the site.  I won't speak for the rest of the moderation team, but I simply do not think that is feasible.  Those suggestions for things we do not do currently do are something we should (and will) discuss amongst the moderation team.

2) If people have thoughts and ideas on how to better publicize the site, please let myself or one of the other moderators know!  We are always on the lookout for new ideas!  We take all feedback and suggestions very seriously!

3) Author interviews occur regularly, and every author will get a chance to have an interview.  After we finish the initial round, there may be opportunities for more in-depth interviews. 

4) All authors are encouraged to create and curate their own entries in the Author Index, as we feel it provides a unique flair with the way the author wants to present their work.  As the moderator responsible for updating and maintaining that, I am working as fast as I can to get everyone's up, in addition to keep the Celebrity Index current.  It is quite a lot of work.   

5) I also feel this is a good time to reiterate.  No fakes are permitted on the site.

6) Getting back to the original pitch.  This was DarkSwordsman idea, he should and will lead point on it unless he says otherwise.  And everyone should feel comfortable writing whomever they'd like, as long as they fall within the rules of the site, please feel no limitations in your celebrity selection. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 05:29:29 PM by Slyguy »

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2020, 05:47:45 PM »
OK since I am the person who most likely will be the one creating all of this, I feel the need to chime in with my own ideas here.

First off, I will explain a little bit about the ins and outs here:

I have the means of production to create the magazine. Depending on if I have a template to work with in Image Ready and how many pages, will determine the difficulty of it, but it's possible. The cover will be the easy part. I can handle the pages too but I'm not confident to tackle that without having some kind of template to work with. If I can find a decent template and get the dimensions right, we could be all set.

What I cannot do however, is publish it into a PDF and distribute the PDF file around. I currently do not have a decent PDF converter or the plug-ins, so that is out of my reach. This isn't a major problem however. With the right template, I can do single pages and doubles (side by side like a real magazine). I would like to get dimensions of a real magazine, that way I can use better font sizing and that should give us enough room on the pages to cover everything.

As for some of the other ideas that were pitched here, I have some feelings I'll share here - I love the idea of making this into a magazine we could share all over social media and use to promote the site. This wouldn't be a problem whatsoever, as the entire magazine pages could be shared as an Imgur gallery and posted through our social media sites page by page.
I don't see a problem with using it to cover content that is already on here. In the regard of being able to share it everywhere, I would want to cover stuff that is on the site and use it to shine a light on the content and authors here who could pitch in with their own sections. You never know, someone who has no experience with CSS could see the pages posted somewhere and come rushing over here to dig through our content. I am all for something like that which could help the authors on this site and bring new members, readers and potentially inspire new authors.
Check me out on Patreon if you like my work!

John Connors

• Wayward Son
  • Administrator
  • Well, I got a bad liver and a broken heart...
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2020, 07:36:21 PM »
I think we've gone way off topic here on what the original concept was.  @DarkSwordsman, we'll look to get this back on track on your original idea.

Any thoughts of where we start with what you initially proposed?
'What would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark? It would be like sleep without dreams.' - Werner Herzog

'Gotta head full of ideas that are driving me insane...' - Bob Dylan

'I sold a quart of blood, bought a half a pint of scotch' - Tom Waits

Viri

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2020, 08:09:40 PM »
I apologize that my suggestions and ideas here threw this thread off the track. I wasn't trying to offend anyone if I did.

DarkSwordsman

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2020, 09:04:16 AM »
I apologize that my suggestions and ideas here threw this thread off the track. I wasn't trying to offend anyone if I did.

No worries.  I get wanting to promote the site, but I think people would respond better to a magazine featuring celebrities they like and that showcases our writing talent, than a bunch of interviews with writers they aren’t familiar with.

Anyway, I think the best way to go forward would be for people to think of what articles they want to write and which celebs they want to feature. Probably best to share them here first so we don’t end up with multiple authors all writing about the same celebrities. I’m fine with Justin writing the main interview with Elizabeth Olsen if that’s what he wants to do.  I’d prefer if people steered clear of additional interviews if possible, cos I’d really like it if we had a variety of different articles.

Tags:

Social Media Links

Reddit Tumblr NewTumblr bdsmlr Twitter ImageFap

Partner Sites

Planet Suzy HotCelebForum Pride Girlz Hyper Dreams Interactive Sex Stories TG-Party BIG BOOBED MODELS CHYOA - Interactive Sex Stories

DMCA

DMCA