Celebrity Story Site

Author Topic: In Memorial (Celebs that have passed)  (Read 59585 times)

Cadeauxxx

In Memorial (Celebs that have passed)
« on: July 27, 2020, 11:27:20 AM »
We've long needed a thread here for celebs that have passed. I almost made one months ago but decided not to, so here is to make up for being late on it.
Check me out on Patreon if you like my work!

Cadeauxxx

Re: In Memorial (Celebs that have passed)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 11:42:24 AM »
Peter Green
1946-2020

Legendary Blues guitar player from Britain and founder of the band Fleetwood Mac. Peter Green influenced countless guitar players across the globe such as Gary Moore, Carlos Santana, Billy Gibbons and Rory Gallaghar. His influence stretched out from afar with his songs covered and made famous by others. Specifically the song 'Black Magic Woman' has been mistaken as a Santana song for years. Judas Priest covered 'The Green Manalishi' and his song 'Oh Well' has been covered by many. There are many great songs in the original Fleetwood Mac catalog worth checking out for Blues Rock fans.

Green's death hits me on a personal level as he was one of my major three guitar heroes and the last one still alive. Last year I wrote Old Flame Blues, a story centered around some of Green's music and the song 'Jumping At Shadows' that summed up how I felt mentally at the time.

RIP

The following users thanked this post: MaxwellLord

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 11:45:33 AM »
Regis Philbin
1931-2020

Legendary American TV show host who began his career in the 1950s on The 'Tonight Show', most notably known for being the host of the American version of 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' and hosting 'Regis and Kathie Lee'.

The following users thanked this post: MaxwellLord

JustinMays402

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 09:51:24 PM »
Put these two together due to the circumstances being similar:

Shad Gaspard, best known for his time in WWE as one half of popular tag team Cryme Tyme

Naya Rivera, best known for being on the hit musical series Glee

Both died in drowning accidents saving their kids
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 08:23:28 AM by JustinMays402 »

123z

• Author
  • Am aged 63, love classic rock, sport & vintage tv
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2020, 05:39:12 AM »

Rockstar Pete Way, who founded the band UFO, has died aged 69.

The bass player was well-known for his tenure with the band, from whom he played with from 1969-1982 and 1991-2008.

In a statement posted to his official Facebook page, it was announced that Way had sustained ‘life-threatening injuries’ in an accident earlier this summer.

He died today (14 August) with his wife Jenny by his side and is survived by his two children.

The statement reads: ‘Pete Way founder of UFO, Waysted and, latterly, The Pete Way Band has died. He sustained life-threatening injuries in an accident two months ago but fought hard until finally succumbing to those injuries at 11.35am BST today.

His wife, Jenny, was at his side. Pete Way was a much loved and highly regarded figure among rock fans, critics and fellow musicians alike. Best known for his work with UFO, Pete’s energetic live performances were at the heart of the band’s countless world tours.

‘His melodic bass lines underpinned the catalouge of enduring rock classics upon which UFO’s reputation and legacy were founded.

28th January 1982: Bassist Pete Way and vocalist Phil Mogg of the English heavy metal band UFO in concert at the Hammersmith Odeon, in London.
Pete Way performs on the bass alongside UFO vocalist Phil Mogg
‘Pete is survived by two daughters, Zowie and Charlotte and his younger brother, Neill.’

UFO have sold over 20 million records worldwide, and are often hailed as one of the most influential heavy metal bands of all time, having inspired countless acts such as Metallica, Guns’N’Roses and Iron Maiden.

The following users thanked this post: Cadeauxxx

123z

• Author
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2020, 05:41:57 AM »

The bass player was well-known for his tenure with the band, from whom he played with from 1969-1982 and 1991-2008.

In a statement posted to his official Facebook page, it was announced that Way had sustained ‘life-threatening injuries’ in an accident earlier this summer.

He died today (14 August) with his wife Jenny by his side and is survived by his two children.

The statement reads: ‘Pete Way founder of UFO, Waysted and, latterly, The Pete Way Band has died. He sustained life-threatening injuries in an accident two months ago but fought hard until finally succumbing to those injuries at 11.35am BST today.

His wife, Jenny, was at his side. Pete Way was a much loved and highly regarded figure among rock fans, critics and fellow musicians alike. Best known for his work with UFO, Pete’s energetic live performances were at the heart of the band’s countless world tours.

‘His melodic bass lines underpinned the catalouge of enduring rock classics upon which UFO’s reputation and legacy were founded.

28th January 1982: Bassist Pete Way and vocalist Phil Mogg of the English heavy metal band UF0, ' in concert at the Hammersmith Odeon, in London.
‘Pete is survived by two daughters, Zowie and Charlotte and his younger brother, Neill.’

UFO have sold over 20 million records worldwide, and are often hailed as one of the most influential heavy metal bands of all time, having inspired countless acts such as Metallica, Guns’N’Roses and Iron Maiden.

UFO, what a brilliant English rock band. I was lucky enough to see them play live in 1978, '79. '80, '81, and '82. 123z

DanielO

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2020, 06:05:33 PM »
Ben Cross, best known for his portrayal of British Olympic athlete Harold Abrahams in “Chariots of Fire” and Sarek in the 2009 “Star Trek” reboot, died on Aug. 18. He was 72.
Never create anything. It will be misinterpreted. It will be chained to you and follow you the rest of your life. It will never change.

- Bob Dylan, Seven Rules for Life in Hiding.

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2020, 11:41:28 AM »

28th January 1982: Bassist Pete Way and vocalist Phil Mogg of the English heavy metal band UFO in concert at the Hammersmith Odeon, in London.

Sad to hear. UFO was an influential band with early Metal, my dad was a big fan. I have an original vinyl copy of their album Obsession.

123z

• Author
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2020, 02:34:25 PM »
Briliant. I love vinyl, being of a certain age. I have about 1000 record albums and 500 12 inch singles. You still can't beat the warmth of a record compared with a CD or MP whatever it is. Although  5.1 surround soumd  is something else. Plus you can't beat a 12 inch gatefold record sleeve in your hands.

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2020, 03:01:03 PM »
Briliant. I love vinyl, being of a certain age. I have about 1000 record albums and 500 12 inch singles. You still can't beat the warmth of a record compared with a CD or MP whatever it is. Although  5.1 surround soumd  is something else. Plus you can't beat a 12 inch gatefold record sleeve in your hands.

I used to have a lot more vinyls until I was forced to part with my Jazz collection a few years back. I still have a box of old rock and metal vinyls, but my collection has severely decreased. I'm a bit of a digital maniac. FLAC format is the best I've ever heard, completely matches the HDCDs when those were a thing.

The gatefolds to vinyls are truly special. I've been debating about buying King Crimson's debut album just to have that beautiful gatefold art with the lyrics. I already own it on CD (as an HDCD remastering) but I surely wouldn't mind seeing that album cover in a larger display.

The following users thanked this post: 123z

123z

• Author
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2020, 07:12:44 AM »
Not a good week.

Punk legend, Walter Lure of Johnny Thunders and The Heartbreakers fame has died of cancer at age 71.

Former guitarist of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jack Sherman, had died at 64.

Drummer of Quiet Riot, Frankie Banali has died of cancer at the age of 68

DanielO

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2020, 10:47:21 PM »
Actor Chadwick Boseman, who was the star of the enormously successful Marvel film Black Panther, has died of colon cancer at age 43.

He kept his diagnosis quiet from the public. He died at home in Los Angeles with his wife and family present, according to his publicist.

Boseman also played the roles of baseball icon Jackie Robinson and music superstar James Brown during his career. But his role as the Black Panther, the King of Wakanda, took his stardom to the stratosphere.

"Is't not the king?"
"Ay, every inch a king."
     -King Lear, Act 4, Scene 6

:'(
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 08:53:18 AM by DanielO »
Never create anything. It will be misinterpreted. It will be chained to you and follow you the rest of your life. It will never change.

The following users thanked this post: JustinMays402

123z

• Author
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2020, 02:06:44 AM »
The Bay City Rollers have said they are "deeply saddened" by the death of ex-member Ian Mitchell at the age of 62.

"Rest In Peace, Ian," the Scottish pop band wrote as they announced his death on their Instagram page.

Mitchell joined the group in 1976 at the age of 17, replacing founding member and bassist Alan Longmuir.

But he quit the band after nine months to return his native Northern Ireland, where he performed with old school friends as the group Rosetta Stone.

While Mitchell was with the Rollers, they released the 1976 album Dedication and a cover version of Dusty Springfield's I Only Want to Be With You.

But he found tensions within the band hard to cope with and departed that December, to be replaced by guitarist Pat McGlynn.

DanielO

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2020, 11:51:18 AM »
Hall of Fame pitcher Tom Seaver, who won 311 games, mostly for the New York Mets, has died of complications of Lewy body dementia and Covid-19. He was 75.

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2020, 08:09:14 AM »
Ronald "Khalis" Bell
1952-2020

Saxophone player and co-founder of the 70s R&B/Funk band Kool and the Gang. They had several big hits like Jungle Boogie, Celebration, Summer Madness and Hollywood Swingin'

Tags:

Social Media Links

Reddit Tumblr NewTumblr bdsmlr Twitter ImageFap

Partner Sites

Planet Suzy HotCelebForum Pride Girlz Hyper Dreams Interactive Sex Stories TG-Party BIG BOOBED MODELS CHYOA - Interactive Sex Stories

DMCA

DMCA