Celebrity Story Site

Author Topic: Movies Talk! What have you watched lately?  (Read 46897 times)

TLMorgan

Re: Movies Talk! What have you watched lately?
« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2019, 12:03:28 AM »
Dolomite is quite an enjoyable and funny movie.

MaxwellLord

• General Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Picard in the streets, Kirk in the sheets
« Reply #136 on: October 29, 2019, 03:15:45 AM »
The Lighthouse is one of the most interesting and surreal films I've ever seen.

DanielO

« Reply #137 on: November 10, 2019, 07:13:06 PM »
Saw The Irishman in a packed theater yesterday and it lives up to the hype. Be warned, it's 3 and 1/2 hours and at times it moves slowly, but none of it's filler. You always feel as if it's that long because Scorsese needed it to be. Every scene, every line carries emotional weight (Never has a cast gotten more meaning out of repeating the line "it is what it is" the way this one does.)

The de-aging FX are convincing, though it's odd how the 'younger' De Niro, even though he looks the proper age, doesn't really resemble our memories of what De Niro actually looked like in his 30's and 40's.

The performances by De Niro, Pesci, and Pacino are peerless. Pacino is especially memorable. His Jimmy Hoffa almost becomes the film's tragic hero, a determined fool who doesn't know how to stop. Stephen Graham as Tony Provenzano is brilliant, too. And that's Jim Norton as Don Rickles and Steven Van Zandt (under a silver wig) lipsyncing as Jerry Vale.

Never create anything. It will be misinterpreted. It will be chained to you and follow you the rest of your life. It will never change.

- Bob Dylan, Seven Rules for Life in Hiding.

TLMorgan

« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2019, 05:38:01 PM »
I enjoyed Terminator Dark Fate. I know a lot of people were pissed off just from the beginning alone, but I didn't care. The story wasn't anything new or original, but the action was fantastic.

LD73

« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2019, 07:42:01 PM »
Went to see Ford v Ferrari Friday and highly recommend it with great performances from both Bale & Damon

MaxwellLord

• General Manager
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2019, 06:00:09 PM »
The Irishman. Wonderful.

Thehouseofweird

« Reply #141 on: December 22, 2019, 05:57:45 PM »
Saw Jumanji the next level over the weekend, felt just a little rushed wanting to hit every note they wanted to do. But most of the jokes were solid, action was phenomenal, acting just as high quality as the previous, but maybe just needed a little more time to slow down and talk properly like in the beginning. 9/10 would watch again.  :Y:
No one truly knows my sexual preferences... [Insert evil laugh]

MaxwellLord

• General Manager
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #142 on: December 22, 2019, 05:58:30 PM »
Adored Rise of Skywalker.

LD73

« Reply #143 on: December 22, 2019, 06:44:05 PM »
Watched TROS Thursday & Friday - I enjoyed it very much (especially more on the second viewing), great action and a liberal sprinkling of nods to the og trilogy along with some great don't blink cameos (both visual and verbal - one of which I am so glad was done for a living legend whose contibution to the franchise is immense) and some lump in your throat moments (Leia's scenes & Chewie's reaction) especially.

No film is perfect and yes there were some things that could have been done better and some things that didn't get answered and/or needed fleshing out more storywise but overall JJ did a very good job of putting a bow on the Skywalker Saga whilst also leaving us in a place where we could revist new adventures for Rey, Finn & Poe (maybe in 10 years time or so) if they wanted to.

The following users thanked this post: Thehouseofweird

Thehouseofweird

« Reply #144 on: December 30, 2019, 08:45:35 PM »
Alright, my turn to review Rise of Skywalker

It sets a theme of keeping to retcon everything episode 8 had to say by essentially writing out each plot hole Rian Johnson had made, the plot, good but leans to the one point I keep hearing about it: it's a fan fiction film. Bringing up all these things fans have been wanting to see for years and leads to a climax that, while nice to see all these blink and you'll miss it cameos, they just don't do anything with them. Without giving anything away the trailers made it look like the final act would be this massive battle filled with all sorts of chaos and action set pieces, but it felt like the climax fight scene in the force awakens, all show but not as exciting as I hoped it to be.

In the end, I liked it, I enjoyed the fan service they provided and liked the ending just as much, but for substance in plot...it's not the ending to the saga we were expecting, but it's definitely better than what we feared, perfect? No. Good? Absolutely.

8.5/10 best experience if you've seen the other 8 films at least once each.

TLMorgan

« Reply #145 on: January 02, 2020, 10:57:51 PM »
I saw Rise of Skywalker again earlier today. It was much better the second viewing.

MaxwellLord

• General Manager
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #146 on: January 06, 2020, 09:24:33 PM »
Cats.

I feel scarred for life.

TLMorgan

« Reply #147 on: January 13, 2020, 03:18:40 PM »
I watched the cop drama Black and Blue and while it's pretty generic, I still enjoyed it.

Thehouseofweird

« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2020, 09:06:03 PM »
Alright, Troop Zero, let's go!

This is a Amazon original movie that just came out yesterday my time zone and it's the weirdest coming of age story you could ever watch and I loved every second of it. The plot surrounds a girl named Christmas, who lives in a semi rural city in 1970's Georgia that's fascinated with space and the aliens and it's sort of an outcast for not acting like a regular girl. One day she hears about a contest for a group called the Birdies, (think Girl Scouts basically) where at this years Birdie scout Jubilee the winning troop will get to add a message to the golden record. An actual NASA project where they sent a record made of gold into space in hopes of life finding it one day. Christmas wants to get on the record but there's a problem, it's a birdie scout contest, and the local troop are stuck up brats who despise her, troop leader included. So she makes a rag tag team of other misfits to make her own birdie scout troop. Her one friend Joseph, who's a very flamboyant boy, a Christian girl named Anne-Claire, a rebel girl named Hell-No and her odd friend Smash, and a troop mother who wants more than anything at first to be as far away from this as possible, will they get into the Jubilee? Or will this gang of social outcasts be just as bad as everyone says they are...

So yeah some of this stuff has been done many times before, a bunch of underdogs going up against a group of bullies and yeah, technically you're right. But you need to know the context...all the kid characters, are actual kids, middle school aged kids actually, not some mid 20 something baby faces that pretend to be younger. The entire group give strong performances as well so you feel their pain when they stumble and laugh at their attempts, Smash in particular is fun to watch, the entire film she only has one line, and the rest is grunts and yells and smashing things it's quite fun seeing her character develop strictly in expressions alone. But what makes this film different from other movies of similar themes? Well a maybe 12 year old with the nickname Hell-No could give you a idea. There's cussing, fighting, mixed personalities clashing with one another, it's definitely not a simple kids movie, but mature enough to not be a trashy teen comedy either.

Then comes the Jubilee...oh good Lord. How do I speak about it without spoilers...it doesn't go the traditional route of a big climax like the Championship game or the final two competitors going head to head. In fact, it takes such a massive right turn that it's both, surprising, predictable if you caught onto foreshadowing, and just a uniquely bizarre resolution that I dare not say more so it can be experienced by you guys if you ever check it out.

The conclusion of this film, I loved it, absolutely loved it. From start to finish I had a stupid grin on my face just seeing everything play out, it doesn't fall victim to stereotypes, if anything it embraces them in a new way, and if you were the odd ball at school back in your day, have I got a little film for you..

10/10 first favorite movie of the new year.

123z

• Author
  • Am aged 63, love classic rock, sport & vintage tv
« Reply #149 on: January 23, 2020, 04:52:10 AM »
Monty Python and the Holy Grail. RIP Terry Jones.

Check out my spoof story I just posted in the movies section.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 04:53:48 AM by 123z »

Tags:

Social Media Links

Reddit Tumblr NewTumblr bdsmlr Twitter ImageFap

Partner Sites

Planet Suzy HotCelebForum Pride Girlz Hyper Dreams Interactive Sex Stories TG-Party BIG BOOBED MODELS CHYOA - Interactive Sex Stories

DMCA

DMCA