Celebrity Story Site

Author Topic: An interview with...Maxwell Lord  (Read 2257 times)

John Connors

• Wayward Son
  • Administrator
  • Well, I got a bad liver and a broken heart...
An interview with...Maxwell Lord
« on: September 23, 2019, 10:06:18 AM »
We have the next interview on our site featuring one of the authors of CSS.

In this interview we talk to MaxwellLord who will tell us about how he got into writing celebrity erotica, who influenced him to write in this genre and other topics related to his writing.

You can visit his profile here.

1. Where are you from?

On the west coast of the US.

2. How did you come up with your pen name and is there any meaning behind it?

MaxwellLord refers to Maxwell Lord, current DC super-villain and former UN liaison to the Justice League during my favorite era of the team, Justice League International. It was either that or Guy Gardner.

3. How long have you been writing celebrity erotic fiction?

On and off for a bit. Never really hit on anything I liked a lot until somewhat recently. It all just clicked at once.

4. Who or What got you started writing erotic fiction?

Just a need to see the stuff I wanted to see out there. At a certain point there was a certain drought of the stuff I wanted to see and instead it was either low quality or kind of mean spirited and disrespectful. Or just flat our awful and bland. So I decided to write that stuff myself.

5. Who would you say are your biggest influences as a writer of less than appropriate celeb fiction? Which authors, if any, would have inspired you?

I liked a great deal of Voodoo Joe's stuff. Some highlights include the final chapter of Adventures In Radio and what might still be my favorite Selena Gomez story, All You Need Is Hate. Also TheChemist who obviously more than a little inspired All Star College. There was also a great series called The Long Weekend that had Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jennifer Love Hewitt and Eliza Dushku which I remember liking a great deal though the author's name escapes me right now. Of course more modern authors like our own Cadeauxxx, Slyguy, TNC. So many good ones around right now to mention at once.

6. Who are your favourite celeb sex story writers? Past and Present.

Carnage Jackson, VoodooJoe, TheChemist, Cadeauxxx, Slyguy, Whisper, TNC

7. Any favourite sex stories that you've read that made you think - "Wow! That's incredible!"

The Long Weekend Series, Adventures In Radio especially if it was an Elisha chapter, All You Need Is Hate, The Highland College series, Era Erotica, Journal of an Agent, Hollywood After Dark, Big Booty Bitches. There's a lot of good stuff out there.

8. Which of your own stories are you the most proud of writing?

Probably All Star just because of how big it is. Finishing any of those chapters feels like an accomplishment.

9. Which celebrities do you enjoy writing about the most?

The ones who've shown up the most in my stuff. Hailee Steinfeld, Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, Camila Mendes, Lili Reinhart, Sabrina Carpenter, Liz Gillies, Victoria Justice. I enjoyed writing Alexa Bliss as well but haven't been able to come up with a new idea for her since.

10. What type of sex scenes do you enjoy writing the most?

It 100% depends on the celeb. I mean I like DPs but I just can't write Hailee in one. However for someone like Victoria Justice, I don't know. The filthier the better. Something about her just demands it. But by that token just doing a simple BJ story with Victoria just wouldn't work. Different celebs for me have different hings that work the best.

11. Do you have routine for how and when you write?

When the mood strikes. If you force it when you don't want to write it's probably going to suck, in my experience.

12. Do you sketch out a plan on paper/word/notes or write off the cuff with a basic idea and let it flow from there?

Sometimes. I mean there's a clear end set in stone for a lot of characters in All Star college. Or I'll jot down an image that won't leave my mind, which is how the Madelaine Petsch story that started off Jukebox Collection started. That image was her bent over a carhood with neon lights shining.

13. Apart from hot celebrities, does anything else influence your writing? Music, Fashion, TV etc.

Music is obviously a big part of the Jukebox Collection, but as that's a chain thing for the site that more of a universal music influence for anyone who participates.

But movies I think. I mean All Star is really jut a college/young adult comedy drama except you actually see the sex.

14. Any projects you are working on that you are excited about?

One in particular I have notes on but I know I am not going to even think about touching until All Star is finished as a series.

15. Any tips for readers that may want to start writing celebrity erotic fiction?

Just work with who you want and write what feels right. If you force it it's going to show.

16. Is there a specific celeb you've always wanted to write but can never find the perfect idea or scenario for them?

Kristen Bell. Love her but no ideas for her whatsoever. Nothing worth developing. Nothing I just couldn't get out of my head like Madelaine Petsch had for Jukebox Collection or honestly any of the ideas I've had. There are women I like far less than her that I've had great ideas about. Just never came to mind.

17. Legit question how the hell do you maintain such a large cast?

It just comes down to liking the characters in All Star, and really anything with that big of a cast. As well as knowing when it's time to cut some characters free to move forward. If you don't like the characters or know you only have enough juice to write about a woman once with one huge fantasy you've always had, then you know you're not going to spend much time developing outside of a VERY broad idea of who she is within the confines of the story.
If you care about the character you make a point to try and keep things as straight as you can

18. You often accompany your stories with artwork.  Could you go into that process a bit?  How does doing a image/cover differ than a story?  How do you determine which style/colors to go with which story, etc.

The story absolutely has to come first, and honestly not every story needs a cover. Some do need them but I just haven't found the time to do them I actually want to do something for All Star that's akin the variant covers for comics featuring the different stars of the series.

For style, the tone of the story/series is the determining thing. For Revival, it's meant to be more of a romance, so softer colors and a joyful picture of Selena. For The Club, it was supposed to come across like the old school pulp paperbacks with a good line on the cover to drag a reader in. That's also a bit more a noir feel for it too. Also adding the "paper creases" on the covers makes it look well worn and dog eared.

For The Jukebox Collection, they have to actually look like the album covers that would go with the song featured and at the same time match the celeb. It has to be authentic looking to a degree.

19. Do you have any stories or ideas that you scrapped/cancelled, but wished you'd done? Or any ideas for a story that you never fleshed out or went further with just thinking up.

I wanted to do a spin off of Perks of Being a Podcaster with Sabrina Carpenter as the star but I only got one chapter out. I didn't think there was much of a reception there to justify doing it, bringing the total of ongoing series I was doing to three. With no real response to it, I just let it be at one chapter.
'What would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark? It would be like sleep without dreams.' - Werner Herzog

'Gotta head full of ideas that are driving me insane...' - Bob Dylan

'I sold a quart of blood, bought a half a pint of scotch' - Tom Waits

The following users thanked this post: Slyguy, TLMorgan, extreme1, thenewcomer, daxg2001

Tags:

Social Media Links

Reddit Tumblr NewTumblr bdsmlr Twitter ImageFap

Partner Sites

Planet Suzy HotCelebForum Pride Girlz Hyper Dreams Interactive Sex Stories TG-Party BIG BOOBED MODELS CHYOA - Interactive Sex Stories

DMCA

DMCA