Celebrity Story Site

Author Topic: Mya  (Read 62 times)

Cadeauxxx

Mya
« on: February 26, 2024, 09:42:02 AM »

Biography:
Mya Marie Harrison (/ˈmaɪə/;[4] born October 10, 1979; stylized as Mýa) is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, record producer, and actress. Classified as a "triple threat entertainer," she has become a staple in pop cultural zeitgeist for her work in contemporary R&B.[5][6] Born and raised in Washington D.C., as a child she studied ballet, jazz, and tap dance. She began her career in television as a dance posse member, performing on BET's Teen Summit. She signed with record executive A. Haqq Islam's University Records, an imprint of Interscope Records to release her eponymous debut studio album (1998), which lyrically explored romance and coming-of-age scenarios. A critical and commercial success, the album spawned her first Billboard Hot 100-top ten single, "It's All About Me" (featuring Dru Hill). Her collaborative singles — "Girls Dem Sugar" (with Beenie Man), "Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)" (with Pras and Ol' Dirty Bastard), and "Take Me There" (with Blackstreet and Mase) — were also met with commercial success.

Her second studio album, Fear of Flying (2000) was met with further commercial success and presented a more mature sound and image. It peaked at number 15 on the Billboard 200, received platinum certification by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and was supported by the singles "The Best of Me" (featuring Jadakiss), "Case of the Ex," and "Free." The following year, Harrison recorded "Lady Marmalade" with singers Christina Aguilera, Pink and rapper Lil' Kim for the 2001 musical film Moulin Rouge!. A cover of the namesake recording by funk rock band Labelle, it peaked atop the Billboard Hot 100 and twelve international charts, also earning a Grammy Award for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals in 2002. Taking a more active role in the production of her forthcoming releases, Harrison was granted wider creative control of her third studio album, Moodring (2003).[9] The album spawned two charting singles – "My Love Is Like...Wo" and "Fallen" — and received gold certification by the Recording Industry Association of America.

Following a departure from Interscope in favor of Universal Motown Records, her fourth studio album, Liberation (2007) was met with critical and commercial failure. Amid the leak of the album in Japan, she parted ways with the label following its release. In 2008, under the mentorship of J. Prince, Harrison established her own label, Planet 9. Her fifth and sixth studio albums, Sugar & Spice (2008) and K.I.S.S. (Keep It Sexy & Simple) (2011) catered to the Japanese market as her most pop and club oriented recordings to date. Beginning in 2014, she released a trio of R&B–rooted extended plays (EPs) indendently: With Love (2014), Sweet XVI (2014), and Love Elevation Suite (2015). In 2016, her seventh album, Smoove Jones received a nomination for Best R&B Album at the 59th Annual Grammy Awards. Its follow-up, T.K.O. (The Knock Out) (2018), commemorated the twentieth anniversary of her debut album.

Aside from music, Harrison ventured into acting across film, television, broadway, and gaming. She made her cinematic feature film debut in crime thriller In Too Deep (1999). Following her debut, she has appeared in minor or supporting roles in films and television series such as Chicago (2002), Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights (2004), Shall We Dance? (2004), 1-800-Missing (2004), NCIS (2005), Cursed (2005), Girls Cruise (2019), and House Party (2023). In 2009, Harrison competed in Dancing with the Stars season nine; finishing second place in the competition.  Harrison has sold 3.2 million albums in the U.S. and 20 million records worldwide. Her accolades include a Grammy Award, a Screen Actor Guild Award, a Critics' Choice Movie Award and two MTV Video Music Awards. Billboard listed her in the Hot 100 Artists of the 2000s listicle.

Stories on the Site:

A Moulin Rouge Lesbian Foursome by Trident
Check me out on Patreon if you like my work!

Tags:

Social Media Links

Reddit Tumblr NewTumblr bdsmlr Twitter ImageFap

Partner Sites

Planet Suzy HotCelebForum Pride Girlz Hyper Dreams Interactive Sex Stories TG-Party BIG BOOBED MODELS CHYOA - Interactive Sex Stories

DMCA

DMCA