Celebrity Story Site

Author Topic: Site Story Reviews  (Read 262 times)

Not Yet Rated!

MaxwellLord

• Mr. Hailee Steinfeld
  • Global Moderator
  • Picard in the streets, Kirk in the sheets
Site Story Reviews
« on: August 31, 2019, 04:49:53 AM »
One thing I've been thinkig of lately in regards to the ste is a review thread. I believe it'd be a good idea, to give stories and authors a bit of a spotlight as well as maybe help curious readers find stuff that's right up their alley.

However, I think when putting a topic like this together, there needs to be a good set of rules, so here they are:

Rule 1: No negativity, be constructive. You don't have to like everything your read, but that's no reason to be a dick about it. That doesn't help anyone. Being constructive does. Focus on what you like and instead of saying "This sucks" in terms of how much you disliked something doesn't. What does help is using phrases like "This could have worked better" or offer an idea on how things could improve. Let's not try to jab at each other. Be excellent to each other.

Rule 2: Give at least a paragraph for a review in the thread. Five sentences minimum.

Rule 3: When reviewing a series, it is 100% up to the reviewer as to whether or not they want to do it as a whole, like an over view thing, or chapter by chapter. Also, if you're reading from one of the site's antholgy/multi-author stories topics like The Brevity Series or The Jukebox collection, feel free to review them on their own, as the stories are connected by theme rather than any kind of continuity.

Now, with all that said, I'm going to start us all out by reviewing Slyguy's excellent Era Erotica series, starting with chapter one, which can be found here:

https://celebritystorysite.com/index.php?topic=68.0

Era Erotica Chapter 1 by Slyguy

Reviewed by MaxwellLord

I don't think it would be much of a shock to anyone that I'm a huge fan of Talor Swift. Totally adore the woman. As a result, I have high standards for what I want out of a story featuring Ms. Swift. Slyguy always hits and exceeds those expectations, and the first chapter of Era Erotica is on different, which is a great feat as it is the first chapter of a currently twenty-four chapter story.

It all begins with a phone call. Taylor calling an old friend by the name of Cole. The scene is set wonderfully with a groggy Cole being awoken by a tipsy and apologetic Taylor Swift who gives him a question that would be sure to keep him thinking until the Sandman would return to take him back to dreamland:

What if they had been more than just friends? The question isn't truthfully fully asked by Taylor in the chapter, but the way it's written and the feelings it triggers within Cole makes it crystal clear that was on her mind. Especially with Taylor's use of the phrase "First time", referring to something in their past together. Which led to many other instances of them ending up in bed together, booty calls as Cole refers to the events, as the First time never led to a solid relationship between them, a romantic one at least. And we're given the idea that when the subject was approached, it didn't end all too well.

The phone call leads to a memory for Cole, which begins with another phone call between a younger, right on the cusp of college version of him and similarly young eighteen year-old Taylor Swift. The dialogue really shines here as we instantly feel the deep relationship between the two lead characters. It sweet and sincere right up until Taylor adds a little heat to it, dropping the info to Cole that she's a virgin. The topic is treated with a believable bit of trepidation from her telling him all the way into the beginning of the actual act. Cole's excitement and nervousness about the act as well, at least initially, is also endearing, adding to the sex scene that is to come.

And when that scene arrives, everything built up so far comes crashing together so well. From the sweet initial kisses to Taylor first experience even seeing or touching a cock to the actual act itself. It all feels genuine. Nothing about it feels off or like it's not supposed to be there. The sweet awkwardness of a first time. The kindness and tenderness with more than a good helping of young lust. It just fits together, even the abrupt ending to couple's orgasmic afterglow by the early return of Ms. Swift's parents to their home.

This is top tier Taylor Swift fun. It has heart and heat to it. You can't go wrong with the combination of Slyguy and Taylor Swift. If you're newbie to the series, get ready as you're in for a true treat, especially if you love yourself some Taylor.

Well, there we have it, the first review. If you feel up to one, please, add it. Hell, review the same thing I did if you want. Just remember the rules and it's all smooth sailing.

Keep in mind, this isn't meant to replace commenting in the threads of a story's origin. This is just to provide a more fleshed out review. Both forms are wonderful as a way to provide feedback to the authors you enjoy.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 05:01:10 AM by MaxwellLord »

The following users thanked this post: Cadeauxxx, Slyguy, Grobnar, thenewcomer, MoscowCalling

Not Yet Rated!

Slyguy

• Global Moderator
  • Lover of Taylor Swift, Index Organizer & Moderator
Re: Site Story Reviews
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 01:23:50 PM »
Honored and flattered you'd select Era Erotica as the first review!  I like to think that my writing has improved since the first chapter, but I am pleased that the preexisting relationships and the feelings, both spoken and unspoken come across in it.  I think it does an excellent job of setting the tone for the rest of series, even if it isn't the hottest or sexiest chapter of the series. 

Definitely look for more reviews of stories coming from me soon in the future.  Thanks Max for putting this thread together.  Love this idea.

Image Made By MaxwellLord

The following users thanked this post: Cadeauxxx, MaxwellLord, thenewcomer

Not Yet Rated!

MoscowCalling

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 08:03:10 AM »
Decided to throw my hat in the ring, for a great writer that delivers great prose (and even poetry sometimes) with every new story.

Review: Ebony and Ivory (series as a whole) by thenewcomer

Link to the last chapter - contains links to the previous ones in the main post as well - https://celebritystorysite.com/index.php?topic=1683.0

From the first chapter, one can see we're in for a great ride. Focusing entirely on Scatlett Johansson - one of my own personal favorites - the chapter delivers us a multitude of great scenes with her and a group of studs in the main role. What thenewcomer is able to provide us with is an image of Scarlett as a woman who knows what she wants and isn't shy to work for it. The sex itself is also great - with the men giving Scarlett many rounds of fucking, all the while the entire affair manages to stay hot, tender and loving in a great mix. From the outset we can see we are in for a great ride.

Throught the ongoing chapters we are introduced to our second main heroine - Taylor Swift. Now, while she isn't one of my favorites, throught the series I started to warm up to her, even though we can see glimpses into her darker and messy side. This is another great thing - we see the two main characters as fully fleshed out people, with goals that they want to achieve at any cost and all the faults that come with it. The relationship between Scarlett and Taylor feels real - it's genuine and loving, but also messy and difficult at the same time - something that is hard to portray correctly, but it works very well here. I guess this is the mark of a great writer, which thenewcomer proves time and time again. The additions of song lyrics, fake news reports and the beautifully done artwork as well as pictures and gifs also help to establish the world and give it the air of legitimacy and closeness to the real one - and they succeed.

And then there is the sex. As most know, even the greatest setup won't matter if the sex is badly written. Fortunately, this isn't the case here. All the scenes - whether the gangbang in the beginning, the tender encounters between Taylor and Scarlett or the plane threesome - are written with upmost care and detail. They feel real and possible, hot and lovely, with emotions soaring through right until the very end.

Overall, the series is a great treat for everyone looking for quality entertainment. Go give it a read, you surely won't be disappointed.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 07:21:41 PM by MoscowCalling »

The following users thanked this post: MaxwellLord, Slyguy, thenewcomer

Not Yet Rated!

MaxwellLord

• Mr. Hailee Steinfeld
  • Global Moderator
  • Picard in the streets, Kirk in the sheets
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 10:29:38 PM »
Old Flame Blues by Cadeauxxx

Sometimes love goes south. It's a fact of life. Even when it goes right it very rarely goes as expected. And second chances at at, even if you know it's for only a short time, are few and far between. A fleeting second chance is what this story is all about.

Right off the bat from the first description of the club Cade makes you feel the desperation,some subtle and some blaring, of the locale within. Just like the greater setting of Los Angeles itself, the club is awash with the smoke and sounds of dreams both living, dead, and waiting to be born. Also like LA itself, the club has a history much dirtier than you'd ever be lead to believe. A bumpy road to being a high class high spot. Derek, our lead, is a living representation of that.

A guitar player with a hopeful past and a middling present. He's got good band and a following within Jerry's Soul Club, but there's also a feeling there could have been more, a feeling that only increases once his old flame, Jennifer Love Hewitt, enters or in Derek's case re-enters, the picture. What starts as two old friends, and at one point more, catching up on old times becomes something a lot more tactile than memories.

Which isn't to say the walk down memory lane isn't there where we discover the ups and downs and the eventual end of Jennifer and Derek's initial romantic relationship. It all helps showing the overall feeling of longing within the tale itself. Especially with how their love fell apart under the spectre of fame and Derek's very negative reaction to it. In a very real way, it reminded me of the recent A Star Is Born remake. Though far less tragic and with hot sex. The tone though, the tone is there. And it makes that hot sex feel so much more rewarding when it explodes.

And explode it does, though a softer, more tender kind of explosion, all born from Derek's fantasy of Jennifer being his wife, a fantasy she's very happy to play into. The sex is hot with a passion of people who hungered for each other for a while and know that what they have in that time need to be cherished, because they're not going to have it again. The time is precious and Derek and Jennifer are savoring it. Young love for old lovers.

The second scene one would think would be more of the same, but the ante is upped with Jennifer's ass and a nice new location in a bathtub. But that longing heat is still there. The details both here and and in the previous scene are wonderful and they give a sense of romance over filth. This isn't pure, raw fucking. Yes there's anal, titfucking, stuff that wouldn't necessarily seem to be the most romantic. However, in this story Cadeauxxx does just that. There's lust, yes. But there's also that longing once more. Resurrected love might even be better term.

Two days of old lovers rekindling the ember of their flame ends with Derek's life seeming a bit better. The ghosts of his past that haunted him became a lot friendlier, the albatross of days gone removed. All wrapped up the final gift of his dream guitar from his dream woman. A welcome happy ending that's earned.

This story gets the highest of recommendations. And if you're a fan of Jennifer Love Hewitt it goes without saying this is a must read. So go, read and enjoy.

The following users thanked this post: Cadeauxxx, daxg2001, MoscowCalling

Not Yet Rated!

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 03:37:24 AM »
Wow huge thanks for the review, that put a smile on my face!

I think it's a huge compliment to tip the hat to the new Star Is Born remake. I thought of that movie a bit when I was writing the second club scene.

I haven't been more proud of a story in a long time. Old Flame Blues nearly became a mini series. I was going to stretch it out into 2 parts and you may be able to see where the second half of the story was going to be a completely separate story, but I didn't want to write a trilogy. Had I split it into two parts, I know that would've motivated me to eventually return and write a third part later on, like I did with the Lucy Pinder Fine Time stories. But I didn't want this one to become a trilogy like that.

I do want to eventually write another story with Derek's band, but I probably won't use him as a protagonist again. His story has been told, and I'd like to write out his band members. They are younger than him and more in line of musicians striving for success and making it. I'm going to use the band and club in another story down the line.

The following users thanked this post: MaxwellLord, MoscowCalling

Social Media Links

Reddit Tumblr NewTumblr bdsmlr Twitter ImageFap

Partner Sites

Planet Suzy HotCelebForum Pride Girlz Hyper Dreams Interactive Sex Stories TG-Party

DMCA

DMCA