Celebrity Story Site

Author Topic: Extreme1's question of the night  (Read 33542 times)

extreme1

Re: Extreme1's question of the night
« Reply #1365 on: May 09, 2024, 03:12:53 AM »
Here's your question for the night: Crosby, Stills, Nash or Young?
I'm going with Neil Young, because This Note's For You, is one of the best songs to come out of the 80s.

Money

« Reply #1366 on: May 09, 2024, 10:54:22 AM »
I've got nothing

The following users thanked this post: extreme1

DanielO

« Reply #1367 on: May 09, 2024, 11:17:35 AM »
Absolutely Neil Young. Not even close.
Never create anything. It will be misinterpreted. It will be chained to you and follow you the rest of your life. It will never change.

- Bob Dylan, Seven Rules for Life in Hiding.

extreme1

« Reply #1368 on: May 10, 2024, 02:44:20 AM »
Here's your question for the night (From Timelessly So, thanks!): What is something (or someone) that the internet finds cringe or bad that you unironically think is great?
About 10 years ago, I would have said Gambit (from the X-Men) but these days he's the hottest he's been since the 90s.
Also I'm painfully unaware of what the internet likes or hates, do they still hate Friday the 13th for the NES?
Cause if they do than that's my answer.

The following users thanked this post: DanielO

Money

« Reply #1369 on: May 10, 2024, 07:37:37 AM »
I'm not exactly sure how to answer this one since a few things over the years started out with high expectations only to be treated like Kryptonite a few months later since a number of people want to be on "the right side of history" instead of just seeing something coming and reacting the way they need to dealing with it

The following users thanked this post: extreme1, Viri

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #1370 on: May 10, 2024, 09:07:35 AM »
I'm not exactly sure how to answer this one since a few things over the years started out with high expectations only to be treated like Kryptonite a few months later since a number of people want to be on "the right side of history" instead of just seeing something coming and reacting the way they need to dealing with it

Those people basically run every major site on the internet now (except Twitter) and use their ideological beliefs to have a moral high ground over the people they dislike. If you have differing opinions and don't believe in censorship, then you're a bigot according to them.

It's just the latest form puritanism.
Check me out on Patreon if you like my work!

The following users thanked this post: extreme1, Viri

Sign54

« Reply #1371 on: May 10, 2024, 10:36:57 AM »
Anyone impressed by St. Vincent's newest album??? Yes, she loves ladies, but she's built to fuck other ladies.
I am planning to write a Paramore fanfic with Hayley being knocked up by her boyfriend.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 10:38:38 AM by Sign54 »

Viri

« Reply #1372 on: May 10, 2024, 10:37:50 AM »
Here's your question for the night (From Timelessly So, thanks!): What is something (or someone) that the internet finds cringe or bad that you unironically think is great?
About 10 years ago, I would have said Gambit (from the X-Men) but these days he's the hottest he's been since the 90s.
Also I'm painfully unaware of what the internet likes or hates, do they still hate Friday the 13th for the NES?
Cause if they do than that's my answer.

The internet hates every game with the little LJN rainbow of glory.

Except Spider-Man Maximum Carnage

The following users thanked this post: Cadeauxxx, extreme1

DanielO

« Reply #1373 on: May 10, 2024, 12:02:37 PM »
Is Taylor Swift still considered cringe? I thought all of that had been finally buried in the past few years, but lately I've noticed the same music-snobby comments about her, so I guess my considering her brilliantly talented still makes me sufficiently uncool.  ::)

8)
Never create anything. It will be misinterpreted. It will be chained to you and follow you the rest of your life. It will never change.

- Bob Dylan, Seven Rules for Life in Hiding.

Money

« Reply #1374 on: May 10, 2024, 12:19:37 PM »
I've got a family member in the entertainment industry who has a friend  that's a Grammy voter and he does his best to vote for the right artists every year but every year somebody comes at him saying all kinds of stuff and gets ripped on if he votes for Taylor in any category so yeah politics do exist in the industry which explains Kanye

extreme1

« Reply #1375 on: May 10, 2024, 12:33:35 PM »
Anyone impressed by St. Vincent's newest album??? Yes, she loves ladies, but she's built to fuck other ladies.
I am planning to write a Paramore fanfic with Hayley being knocked up by her boyfriend.

Haven't heard it yet, but I do enjoy what I've heard from her.
Saw David Byrne and St. Vincent live years back and was blown away by them, hopefully they can work together again in the future.

Viri

« Reply #1376 on: May 10, 2024, 02:06:35 PM »
I've got a family member in the entertainment industry who has a friend  that's a Grammy voter and he does his best to vote for the right artists every year but every year somebody comes at him saying all kinds of stuff and gets ripped on if he votes for Taylor in any category so yeah politics do exist in the industry which explains Kanye

Poor poor Taylor Swift not winning more awards. Someone will need to write an article about how she's a helpless victim. I must've missed the news where Kanye has become relevant again.

The following users thanked this post: Cadeauxxx, extreme1

Cadeauxxx

« Reply #1377 on: May 10, 2024, 04:08:03 PM »
I forgot to answer the question earlier.

I hate the use of the terms overrated and underrated on the internet. Overrated is far more used.

They're so overused the actual definition of the words have been lost, much like other words that get overused.

The word 'overrated' gets thrown around so much in a negative sense to declare something bad without the nuance of it. I think it's more accurate to call something you enjoy as 'overrated', rather than using the word negatively. For example; I like Judas Priest's Painkiller album quite a lot, but I'd say it's slightly overrated compared to their other great albums.

Since games were mentioned, one thing that bugs me on internet discourse over games is when one new installment of a series disappoints the fans, and then there's this revisionism to declare the previous game "actually underrated". Batman Arkham Knight disappointed people, so then Arkham Origins was declared great. This has happened with every single Zelda title going back to Majora's Mask. The entire reason MM became beloved on the internet was out of disappointment to Windwaker. Then the same thing happened for WW after Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword disappointed some fans.

I also find it weird how certain big game titles have become hated by the popular opinion of internet majority. Quake 2 was a critically acclaimed game when it first came out, and was rightfully praised for it's graphics and gameplay. Now it's laughed at and often called "Id Software's worst game". Even the most dedicated Q2 fans now call it 'underrated' regardless the irony of it being a major game that people run out and upgrade their computers to play. It feels weird calling Unreal 'underrated' given it's critical acclaim and importance in PC gaming, but the way it's been forgotten and almost lost in time, makes it that.
Check me out on Patreon if you like my work!

Money

« Reply #1378 on: May 10, 2024, 07:13:41 PM »
Or Taylor can be a guest voice on South Park where they do another episode on a social media rebrand where she can claim to be a victim among other things just saying

extreme1

« Reply #1379 on: May 11, 2024, 03:40:53 AM »
Here's your question for the night: Got any plans for the weekend?
I'm probably gonna be writing!

Tags:

Social Media Links

Reddit Tumblr NewTumblr bdsmlr Twitter ImageFap

Partner Sites

Planet Suzy HotCelebForum Pride Girlz Hyper Dreams Interactive Sex Stories TG-Party BIG BOOBED MODELS CHYOA - Interactive Sex Stories

DMCA

DMCA